She's much younger and has a crush on you

18 year old POV

You walk down the hallway to the 4th grade class you are going to be a teaching assistant for. They give this opportunity to seniors at your school to be an assistant towards a teacher in a younger grade.

Your school is a K-12th grade school and there aren't many electives, so you can choose teaching assistant as one. You reach the classroom and knock on the door to your old 4th grade teacher.

"Hi." You smile at them.

"Oh hello (Ms/Mr/which ever suffix you use).Y/l/n! Class, this is Y/n. They will be here to help out with any questions you have on the assignments. I have a meeting now but go ahead and continue with your work." The teacher leaves and you are left with nine to ten year olds just looking at you.

"Are you in 12th grade? My brother talks about you a lot." A girl with brown curly hair says. You quickly recognize her as your friend, Zack Hofstetter younger sister, Kayla Hofstetter.

"Yeah I am. I'm best friends with your brother." You smile at her. By now the rest of the class is back to work and they break off into small groups.

"That's cool! This is my best friend, and sister, Rae! I don't know why she's being so quiet..normally she's not so shy.." she frowns a little.

"It's okay Rae. I'm friendly, I don't bite I promise." You laugh and she gives you a small giggle in response. "I'll let you two get back to work. Don't be afraid to ask questions." You go back to the teachers desk and start grading some papers that were left there.

You grade a few different ones and realize that Rae is a very smart child for her age. So when she comes up to your desk you show a bit of shock to her asking questions about an easy problem.

"Umm..I can't solve this one.." she whispers with a slight blush on her face.

"That's okay. It's just like yesterday's work." You smile kindly at her. You find the area of the rectangle, which is length times width, then you subtract the area of the triangle that's shaded. What's the formula for the area of a triangle?" You ask her.

"Base times height divided by two?" She asks trying to play dumb.

"You got it! Great job." You praise her and give her a high five. Her whole face turns red and she rushes back to her desk.

The twins are so cute and you haven't seen them in so long. Zack always comes over to your house so you barely see them. If you are at their house, the twins are at field hockey practice or some type of activity.  Its either Girl Scouts or hanging out with their friends.

Occasionally you catch Rae glancing at you followed by what seems like teasing coming from Kayla. Soon the teacher comes back and you realize that it is 1:50. Your dismissal time is 2:00. There is staggered start times and finish times so there is less traffic in the school.

Grades 9-12 start classes at 7:15 and get out at 2:00, grades 6-8 start classes at 7:45 and get out at 2:30, and grades k-5 start at 8:15 then get out at 3:00. It's a good system and it works for a lot of people. They have extended day programs for students in the morning and in the afternoon if you are waiting for siblings or your classes.

You walk out and head to the locker room to grab your field hockey equipment and head over to the fields with Zack. "I'm coming over after practice and eating all your food." You state after a few minutes of a comfortable silence.

"I can just order you food. What do you want?"

"I'll give you money. Chicken nuggets and fries from McDonald's?" You ask handing him a ten dollar bill.

"You got it. I'll see you at my house when you are done practicing. I need to wait around for the girls."

"And I have to go practice." You laugh and head over to the field.

***

An hour and a half later, you see Zack, Kayla and Rae walking over with bags from McDonald's. Your practice just ended so you walk over to them.

"Hey guys." You smile. Rae goes shy and hides behind Zack. Kayla smirks and Zack stands there confused.

"Heyyy. Let's eat." He says. He passes out food and you all eat. You feel Rae's head make its way into your lap.

"Silly girly." You tell her and braid her hair.

"Thanks Y/n!" She smiles and kisses your cheek quickly before blushing. You have a little..not so secret admirer..but it's adorable.

—————————-
1:30 am Updates!! Let's gooooooooo

-Andy💕