The 'Weak Link' (pt.1)

Female POV, (18 years old)

This was it, your parents were fed up with you. They couldn't take you being the "disappointment." You just couldn't live up to your sibling, which your parents clearly cared for more than you.

It was quiet obvious actually. Now you are at Military Camp so you can learn order and discipline. Right away you feel out of place. Everyone was much taller and more muscular than you. Shrinking down a bit as someone approaches you, you prepare for their brutal words or actions. Just like your parents.

"What are you doing here, Princess?" The man asks. He easily towers over you, standing at 6'4 over your 5'1 body. Deciding to ignore him you place your duffel bag under your bunk.

You are all called out to line up. Once you get in line with the other recruits at the camp a woman appears.

"Let's get this straight. The others and I are not here to be your friends. These next few weeks are going to be very difficult. I am not trying to scare you, I'm just telling you the truth. We will not have time for you all to lack behind, so if you are unable to keep up we will ask you to leave. At any point you can voluntarily withdraw yourself from the camp. It will not be easy so you will need to be not just physically, but mentally strong. And you will address me as Ma'am and your other camp director, Kevin as sir. Do you all understand?" The brunette woman asks.

"Yes ma'am." All of the recruits respond.

"Okay now we will be giving you all a number, you will be referred to as that number does that make sense?" Kevin asks.

"Yes sir." All the recruits respond.

"Now we will give you numbers. John, 1. Mike, 2. Trevor, 3. Kyle, 4. Jennifer, 5. Hannah, 6. McKenzie, 7. Thomas, 8. Jack, 9. Brayden, 10. Bridgette, 11. Eric, 12. Shawn, 13. Corey, 14. Josh, 15. Lucas, 16. Barry, 17. Connor, 18. Anna, 19. And Y/n, 20." The camp is heavily populated by men so that makes you feel out of place already. The few girls there does nothing to calm your racing thoughts.

Rae was one to notice number 20. You appeared much smaller than the others in the group, and that worried her a little bit. She was confused on why a small girl, such as yourself, was doing here in a camp like this.

"Well go to the dining hall and get dinner, tomorrow will be the first task to test strength." Everyone walks towards the dining hall but you, number 20. Rae slows down and walks with you.

"So number 20..why are you here exactly?" She asks you.

"Uhh..well my parents sent me here..they didn't want me around anymore. Sick of me being a disappointment..but at least I'm getting dinner tonight.." you say and walk into the dining hall leaving Rae in shock.

———————————

Part 2 soon :)

-Andy💕