You are lost

5-year-old POV

You are at the mall with your babysitter and her friends. You don't want to be here but you don't have much power over her. "Lizzieeeeee" you whine dragging your feet. You are beyond tired from her shopping for hours.

"What do you want brat??" she glares at you. Your eyes widen and get watery.

"I-I'm tired.." your bottom lip wobbles a little from her mean look.

"Well too bad. Go take a nap somewhere. Meet back here in an hour." she laughs and walks off with her friends.

Deciding to not go far, you sit in a chair that is not far from the meeting spot. That's where you decide to fall asleep.

***

You are soon woken up by a mall security guard. "Hey..sweetheart. Are you okay? Where are your parents?" she asks.

"Mama and papa said no talking to strangers.." you whisper.

"I'm here to help you..I'm Rachael, I'm a Mall security guard here."

"Oh..okay Rae. I'm here with a babysitter.." you say quietly. "She's mean...she left me for her friends."

The mall is closed now. It was 6 pm on a Thursday and she was doing her rounds to make sure that the mall was clear. She happened to find you sleeping on the couch in front of rue 21.

The realization soon sets in that the mall is empty. She notices you crying and she attempts to calm you. "Hey.. let's go back to my office and we can try and get ahold of your parents." you nod quickly and wipe your tears away.

You take her hand and walk back to her office at the other side of the mall. She doesn't know why the babysitter was so irresponsible. If anyone wanted they could have kidnapped you easily. For your age, you were small.

"How old are you, sweetie?" she asks as you walk.

"I'm five," you say holding up five fingers. You hold on to her hand a little tighter when another security guard comes into view.

"Hey Syk..we need to try to get ahold of her parents.." she says.

"Oh no. Do you know their phone number?" he asks you.

"Y-yeah.." you whisper taking off your bracelet and handing it to Rae.

Y/n y/l/n
Type 2 diabetes
Mom: xxx-xxx-xxxx

"Wait..you have diabetes? How do you check your blood sugar levels?" Sykkuno asks.

"This!" you roll up your shirt on your side to show them the pod that gives you insulin. Right below it is a reader that sends signals to an iPod about your blood sugar levels. "It's all in this bag..mama doesn't let me leave the house without it."

They open the bag and pull out the iPod. You type in the password which is your birthday. It's in the gray which is good. "Gray is a good color. It means that everything is even!" you giggle and they sigh in relief.

Soon they are on the phone calling the number on the bracelet. "Hello?...is this the mother of y/n y/l/n?..yes I'm Rachel Hofstetter, a part of the security at the mall. It seems that your daughter was left here by her babysitter..okay..okay...see you soon." she hangs up and walks over to you.

"Your mom will be here in ten minutes. Until then want to color?" you nod quickly and she hands you a dinosaur coloring book and crayons.

You color happily until your mother bursts through the door. She hugs you tightly. "Oh my goodness..im so glad you are okay! What happened?!" she says holding you close.

You explain everything to her and she decides to fire the babysitter. "Thank you for looking after her." she says to Rae.

"Of course. She was an angel." she smiles. "Bye sweetie. Stay safe alright?"

"Bye bye Rae!" you giggle as your mom leads you out of the office and to the car. You are just happy that babysitter is gone.

-----------------------------
Send your requests my lovelies. I hope you had an amazing day. Remember to drink lots of water! It's hot outside (for me at least).

-Andy💕