Ms. Hofstetter

*Mention of self harm, alcohol, and abuse. If you do not feel comfortable please do not read!!*

Your empty shell somehow manages to make it to your last class of the day. Only to realize you are late you open the door. Sighing you go to your seat in the back and find your head making its way to your arms folded on the table.

Rachel studies you, you weren't like other students she had. This is her first year teaching at a private school, and it's her first Year teaching in general. The cool air of November blows through the open window in the back causing you to shiver.

Looking for warmth you make sweater paws in the sleeves of your blazer and go back to sleeping. The warm feel of the classroom is enough to allow you to at least get some sleep. Both of your parents left leaving you with your abusive, alcoholic of an uncle.

He is addicted to drugs and alcohol and there is nearly no sleeping in that house. Overall you don't feel safe there. You need to find a way out but what can you do? It's frustrating and you don't want to get others hurt because of your situation.

You are probably wondering, how do you have money for private schooling? Your parents send money every year for your education. It's enough to cover the tuition costs.

Rachel watches as her students leave the room for the day. It's Monday, and a short week for the students. They get released tomorrow. It's nearly thanksgiving and there is a break for them.

She sees your small frame peacefully sleeping in the back of her classroom. It wouldn't hurt to let them sleep a little longer..

Rachel sits back at her desk and begins grading some assignments. That's when her roommate Imane walks into her classroom. "Heyyy."

"Shhh" she shushes the energetic girl. Imane is the P.E. Teacher at the school. She loves her job too. Imane turns to see where Rachel is looking. She quickly notices the younger student asleep.

"Have they been asleep the whole time?"

"Yeah..there's something about them..I wish I knew. I want to help.." Rachel explains to her best friend.

"Wait..is that Y/n?" Rae nods. "They failed my class in 9th grade.." how could they fail Imanes class?

After a few moments of silence Rae breaks it. "I'll meet you at home okay?" Rae tells her roommate. Imane nods and heads out. Rae walks over to you and places a soft hand on your shoulder. Only then did she realize how boney you are.

You wake up and look at Rae quickly then the clock. Quickly getting up and gathering your things into your torn backpack she holds your wrist preventing you from leaving.

"Y/n..talk to me..please.." she whispers the last part. Your sleeve starts to ride up and your eyes widen. You yank your arm away and run out of the classroom.

***

The next day you wake up and put on your uniform and makeup to cover your bruises and cuts. Tossing on an oversized hoodie you make your way to the kitchen. Quickly you make uncle breakfast you end up burning your hand on the hot pan.

Hissing in pain you retract your hand and turn off the stove. "B-breakfast is on the stove..I need to go to school.." you mumble.

"Okay. I need you to go grocery shopping and get alcohol for me after school with your paycheck."

"I-I can't I'm not old enough. I'm only 18."

"God do I have to do everything around here! Get out of my f.ucking face!" You quickly leave the house and walk to school. When you arrive the late bell rings. I really need to invest in a bike..

You make your way to Ms. Hofstetter's class and sit in the back. "Y/n please stay after class.." nodding a little you rest your head back on the table. Before you know it you are able to drift off to sleep.

The bell rings waking you up, signaling you've slept through yet another class. You watch as the others leave and Ms. Hofstetter walks over to you. "Y/n..Is everything okay..?" You nod not meeting her eyes. Rae looks at your hand. "What happened??"

"I burned my hand making breakfast for my uncle this morning.."

"Well let's get that cleaned up."

"No no it's fine-." Before you could say anything else she rolls up your sleeve and sees scars littered across your wrist.

"Y/n.." she says softly. You can't do anything but hang your head low and let the tears escape. You are terrified to meet her eyes, wondering if they would hold sadness or anger, or  worse of all disappointment..

You begin to feel warmer and you soon realized that the slightly older woman has her arms wrapped around you. "I-I'm not safe.." you whisper.

"Tell me what I need to do..and I will get you out of there." Millions of thoughts swirl around your brain but one sticks out.

"N-no! I don't want to go into foster care.."

———————

Part 2 coming soon. I feel a lot more comfortable where I am. I have 15 chapters stacked up. They just need to be written now. Don't be shy to send in requests. There is no limit! I am enjoying writing again and I can't wait to write more.

-Andy💕