You're in an abusive relationship

17 years old POV

You sit on the couch in your boyfriends apartment. You had your knees to your chest and he walks it, another beer in his hand. He has his friends over and he tends to drink a lot when they are here.

One of his friends sticks out to you though. She isn't drinking like everyone else. Instead she's observing everyone. And it is easy to tell that she doesn't like your boyfriends behavior.

A rough arm is wrapped around your waist and you're dragged into his side. "Matt..stop."

"What? I'm not doing anything." You let it slide but ham few minutes pass and you feel sloppy kisses being placed on your neck.

"Matt.." you say a little more stern. You try to push him off but he glares.

"Don't! Tell me what to do!" He grabs you aggressively and growls in your ear. His grip gets tighter and the imprint of his hands are definitely in your skin now.

You struggle a bit but his friends are too drunk or high to notice. They always are. "Here. Drink a little. Relax." He says and forces the opening of the beer bottle to your mouth. He tips it back forcing you to drink it and it ends with you in a coughing fit.

"God. Such a wimp." He pushes you to the floor and you get up quickly.

"I..I'm going to the bathroom.." you say quietly and rush there. He was a nice guy when you met him. He is nice around your parents. Well when they are barely around you feel a need to come here. Being alone scares you. He graduated when you were a freshman and now he is on his third year of college.

No matter how much he hurts you, when he isn't he makes you feel safe. You splash water on your face and then pace the bathroom. You can either go out there and deal with him, or you can stay here. If you go out there he will probably try to get you into his bedroom. A few seconds later there is a light knock on the door.

"Hey..uhh..are you okay?" The girl from the living room asks. You open the door and face her.

"I..I'm okay. I should g-get back before M-Matt gets mad.." you try to walk away from her but she stops you by blocking the doorway.

"No. Not until you tell me what's really going on. That was not normal back there."

"I-it's not? What..no. You're lying. I have to go." You say and manager to get around her. That's all she needed to hear to make her more suspicious of the situation. Now she needed the words to come out of your mouth so she can help.

***

It has been a few weeks. Matt had invited Rae, and Scott over. You are in the same position you were in last time. It made you feel safe. Rae sits next to you before Matt could. "Happy birthday." She smiles a little and hugs you. The two of you had gotten closer and it came up in conversation.

"Than-."

"Wait it's your birthday?! That means that we can finally fuck. You said you would when you turned 18." Matt says with a smirk.

"Matt..I don't want to.." you whisper and he gets upset.

"What do you mean you bitch??"

"Okay..fine we will.." you mumble under your breath and Rae pulls you into her.

"That will not be happening." Rae says for you.

"Stay out of this." Matt growls.

"No. Y/n is shaking because of how terrified they are. And they said no. There's a thing called consent." Rae argues.

"Why are you defending this good for nothing bitch?? They are fucking stupid." He states and grabs you roughly from Rae's comforting hold. He begins to hit you over and over again until you are out cold.

***

You wake up in a hospital room. Rae is next to you, there is a nurse and a cop. "Oh good. You're awake." The cop says.

"How are you feeling?" The nurse asks.

"I feel like I got hit by a ton of bricks.." you tell them.

"Well it is time to give you more medicine so I'll switch the iv. As I do that Officer Sean is here to ask a few questions."

"Hello." He says. You begin to panic because he looks like someone Matt would hang out with. Rae notices your panic and holds your hand a little tighter.

"Hey. You're okay. I'm right here, nothing will happen to you. I promise." She whispers to you and you nod a little.

"Well..let me start by asking, how do you know Matthew Jones?"

"Uhh..well he was a senior when I was a freshman and we became friends. We started dating when I was a sophomore." You tell Sean.

"Okay. Now how often do you see him?"

"Pretty often."

"Are your parents okay with that?"

"My parents are out of the picture.."

"What do you mean by that?"

"They are always on business trips. Never around." You state bluntly. You don't like to mention your parents much.

"What happened to lead up to this?"

"I Umm..well." You start and Rae rubs circles with her thumb on your knuckles.

"Go ahead, love. You can tell him." She reassures you.

"I told him when I turned 18 I would have sex with him. I just said that to buy time..I thought he forgot about it..he got mad and well..I think you know the rest."

"Has he hit you before?"

"Y-yes.." you squeak out.

"Did he threaten you to stay with him?"

"No..you know my parents aren't around much so I always went to him because I didn't like to be alone. I didn't have any other friends.."

"Okay. That's all I needed to ask. Thank you." He states and walks out of the room to talk with the nurse. Rae hugs you a little tighter than last time.

"I'm so proud of you." She gives your head a kiss and you realize that for the first time, you feel cared about by someone else.

——————————
*casually updates now because I forgot to post it yesterday * oops?

-Andy💕