The Car Accident

The moment you got the phone call from the hospital you were right there. They aren't allowing visitors so you are forced to wait in the uncomfortable chairs of the waiting room.

Every little thing seems to be making your anxiety worse and you're only worried about the well-being of your girlfriend. Even though you guys haven't been in a relationship long you still love her a lot.

You see Celine, Janet and Imane come in. You make eye contact for a brief moment before feeling Imane's glares and looking down at your bouncing leg.

"She's probably not even worried. It's all an act." You hear her say.

"They looks like they about to have an anxiety attack Imane!" Janet whisper yells. For people trying to be quiet they aren't doing too well..

You make your way to the bathroom. You need a small walk to try and ease your racing heart and mind.

"See they don't care..they're leaving.." she says. You go up to the desk.

"W-w-where are t-th-he b-bathrooms.." you manage to get out.

"Down the hall on your left. Is everything okay?" You just nod and go there trying to focus on your breathing. When you make it to the bathroom you splash water on your face and the hospital cafeteria was also at the end of the hall.

You go there and get a bottle of water. Your shaking hands give the man two dollars. He takes it and you see Celine and Janet walking your way. You meet them half way.

"Hey y/n..are you doing okay?" You just nod. They can hear how uneven your breath is and see your shaking hands.

"Well we are just going to get a water. We see you've already got one. So we'll meet you back in the waiting room?" You nod quickly feeling the last bits of your sanity slipping. They leave and you walk back to the waiting room.

When you get to the waiting room your breaths come out more like panting and you feel as if someone is restricting your airway. Your knees curl up to your chest and your head rests on your knees.

This is the worst anxiety attack you've had in a while. Imane looks over at you and feels guilty. She gets up and walks over to where you are sitting. She knew you had anxiety and the occasional anxiety attack. She's heard Rae help you through a few of them.

She comes over and kneels in front of you, grabbing your hands softly. "Hey y/n..it's okay. There's nothing to worry about. Rae is going to be okay." She says and holds your smaller, currently shaking hands in hers.

"W-what if she-e's n-not.."

"Y/n..I can guarantee you that she will be okay. Rae is very strong. She won't let a stupid car accident stop her. Now do you want a hug?" You just nod and Imane opens her arms for you. You hug her and hide your face in her neck and it took about 15 minutes for your breath to even out.

"See? You're okay. And I bet Rae is okay." You nod a little and look at your phone. It is 2:07 am.

"Imane can I ask you a question..?"

"Yeah?"

"I've felt like you've never really liked me..why is that?"

"Well..I thought you didn't really care about Rae since the beginning. We've been friends since preschool and I just wanted the best for her. I thought you didn't care too much about her but when I saw you having the anxiety attack over her I guess it just clicked that you really love her and I had no right to treat you so badly.."

"I do love her. More than anything in the world. She means everything to me and..I-I don't know what I'd do without her.." Imane nods then sits down.

"Come here. Want cuddles?" You nod again and curl up to Imane. You close your eyes and she rubs your back. "You can sleep. I'll wake you up when they allow visitors."

"Okay Imane.." you say. A few minutes later the sound of soft snores come from your lips. Celine and Janet look over at you two and smiles glad the two of you are getting along.

***

At 3:43 in the morning a nurse comes out into the waiting room. "Visitors here for Rachel Hofstetter?" Imane shakes you lightly.

"We can see Rae now." You jump up half asleep and the four of you head to the room with the nurse. You see Rae there in the bed hooked up to an iv, wires connected to her and a cast on her left hand. All the other girls hug her but you stay back almost scared you will hurt her.

"Y/nnnnn come hereeeee." Rae whines adorably. You can't deny so you walk over to her and hold her hand. "Give me a hug you dork."

"I-I don't want to hurt you.." you mumble.

"You won't babe." You carefully hug her and then step back looking at your girlfriend. No doubt she still looks beautiful. She is always so perfect and it never comes to you as a surprise anymore. You just know that she is always lookin-

"Earth to y/nnnnnnn." You hear Rae say and giggle. "What's on that mind of yours?"

"I-I was just thinking a-about how beautiful you look all the time.." your cheeks flush a tint of pink and so does Rae.

You guys spend the next hour talking and catching up on exactly what happened to Rae. There was a drunk driver and he crashed into Rae's car. Luckily nothing too bad. Just a broken arm, a gash on her left side, some bruised ribs and a slight concussion.

You can tell the pain meds are wearing off on her because she is pulling the face she does when she's uncomfortable. You run out and get the nurse and she comes back with more pain meds in the iv bag.

She quickly swaps it out and you place a kiss on Rae's forehead. "You two are so cute." The nurse says making the two of you blush. She leaves and soon Imane, Janet and Celine do too, leaving you alone with Rae.

"I'm so glad you are okay."

"And I'm glad it's just me and you." Rae says before pulling you closer with her good hand by your shirt. Let's just say her heart monitor was beating faster than normal and the nurse thought something was wrong...

—————————————
Heyyyyyyyyo. Hope everyone is doing well! Please be sure to send in your requests! I love writing them for you guys. But enjoy today's story!!!

-Andy💕