You are in the wrong crowd

(17 year old POV)

You have been friends with Amanda since kindergarten. Around the 6th grade Riley joined your group and by 9th grade so did Mia and Camila.

They all have long straight blonde hair. It is always worn down while you keep yours up in a ponytail. They all wear dresses or skirts while you dress in jeans, T-shirts and snap backs. You wear no makeup while they wear a face full of it. They wear heels and you wear sneakers. They all had boyfriends while all you wanted was a girlfriend, but people don't look at you that way.

You were walking to class with Amanda, Mia, Cami and Riley along with their boyfriends when Ryan, Cami's boyfriend speaks up.

"Hey y/n, word around the guys locker room is that Cameron likes you." He says with a smirk.

"Oh..ummm.."

"Come on y/n!! He's so cute! You two would be perfect together!" Amanda squeals in excitement.

The truth was that you have the biggest crush on your chem lab partner this year, Rachel. She also is in your Algebra II class, History class, and PE class.

"I don't know Amanda.." you play with your hoodie strings nervously.

"Just one date?" Riley pushes.

"No.."

"Why not?" Jake, Riley's boyfriend asks.

"Because I already like someone!" You blurt out but instantly cover your mouth. It was too late now..but luckily the bell rings and you won't see them all until lunch so you run quickly to your PE class.

You make it to the locker room, not your favorite place but you have to change. You throw on basketball shorts and remove your hoodie leaving you in just a sports bra. Finding a clean shirt in your PE bag, you throw it on before heading over to the gym.

Today you were playing dodgeball in the class. You run over to Rae and smile. "Hey gorgeous." You say with a flirty smile.

"Hi babes!" She wraps her arms around you waist and you engulf into a hug. You two joke around like this, you could never do that around Amanda and her wannabe friends.

"How was your weekend?" You ask her.

"It was nice. I missed you though.." she whispers.

You step back from your hug and frown. "I had to go to a party with Amanda on Friday, then I work on Saturday then the mall with all of them Sunday..I wish we could have hung out.."

"Why do you hang out with them..? Not to be rude but you act nothing like them.." she says sounding a little upset.

"Amanda has been my best friend since kindergarten so I don't want to leave her.." you say thinking back at all of the fun times. You are interrupted by the coach.

"Y/l/n! Hunter! You guys are captains, pick teams."

Oh no..not Cameron ..

"May the best team win." He smirks.

You pick Rae first then Emma, Kyle, Devin, Sammy, Jason, Hayden, Alyssa, and Aiden. Cameron picks Ethan, Frankie, Lewis, William, Dylan, Thomas, Charlie, Hailey, and Ellie.

You go to your side with your team and Cameron goes with his. The coach throws the dodge balls on to the court. Let the games begin.

***

Your team beat Cameron every round. He seemed distracted but you were as well. Rae played so good and it was hard for you to keep your eyes off her. You changed back into your school clothes and are going to Chemistry.

Amanda catches up with you and Rae and sees your arm wrapped around her. "Y/n!! Who's this??" She says with a smile.

"My future wife." You say smirking at Rae. She blushes lightly and lays her head on your shoulder.

"Oh." Is all she says and walks away. The halls are empty because you were dismissed from PE early.

You unwrap a cherry ring pop and get down on one knee. "I wasn't joking by the way." You wink and she giggles. You put the ring on her left ring finger. When you stand up and hold her, looking into her eyes.

One hand makes it way to her cheek. The two of you lean in and you kiss her gently. You are interrupted by the bell ringing. "Let's go to class, my wife." You two get there, hand in hand and the eyes of your friends and their boyfriends are on you. The girls role their eyes and look away but Ryan, Jake, Liam and Nathan all give you a thumbs up and a genuine smile.

You may not fit in with the girls but the guys are all like overprotective brothers over you and you are glad at least they support you.

You and Rae sit with each other and you trace small circles on her thumb. It's nice to finally be close with her.

——————————
This one is cute =UWU= Enjoy everyone!

-Andy💕