Mute

15 year old POV

Shy

Stupid

Weird

Freak

These are words you hear on the daily. But they don't bother you. After years of trauma you just chose to shut everything down. It's your first day of freshman year and to say you are nervous is an understatement. You wake up at 5:37am. You don't typically get much sleep in the foster home you live in. You walk out of your room and are met with a tall figure, Wilbur.

"Hey Wilby." You sign to him.

"Hey what's up y/n! Are you ready for your first day of high school?" He asks excitedly. He is going to be a senior at the school this year.

Then the blonde we all know and love rolls out of his room. "Wilbur! How do you have so much energy??

"Be quiet Tommy. You are one to talk, you just start yelling too." You sign to him and his jaw drops. His hand goes over his chest and he acts hurt by your words.

"Y/n?! How could you?!" That's when your favorite foster brother comes out of his room. Tubbo, the youngest. He may be five but he learned ASL the fastest for you. He rubs his eyes tiredly and runs over to hug you...well more like your leg.

Smiling you pick him up. "Hey Tubs. Ready for your first day of kindergarten?"

"Mmhmm! I'm excited. Am I still your favorite brother??" He whispers the last part in your ear.

"Oh definitely. You are obviously my favorite. The rest are just okay." He lets out a giggle and squirms around a little before you put him down. Wilbur stands there in shock.

"So we aren't your favorite?? We are loosing to a 5 year old??"

"Yep. It's sad isn't it?" You say and go back to your room. Time to get ready, you have time so your appearance will look better than normal.

You put on the (skirt/pants) to the uniform then a white button up shirt. You add the tie but frown at the fact that the blazer is too small. The blazers from middle school to high school stay the same but you have grown out of it.

You were undernourished when you arrived but Philza has been on you to eat more, probably the only foster dad who has really cared about you. You shrug and decide to tell him you need a new one, it's not important because it's not a required part of the dress code.

You go downstairs after you finish getting ready and are greeted by more people. Sappy, Dweam and George are in the kitchen hanging out with Wilbur.

"Yooo what's up tiny? Ready for day one of high school??" Dream asks you. You just nod and sit at the plate Philza made for you. You pick at it mostly and when he gives you a look you eat a little over half.

"Do you have your books?" Philza asks.

"Yes, I need a new blazer too. The one from last year is too small now." You sign. His eyes light up in happiness.

"I was worried that you would never grow out of that jacket.." he says with a huge smile on his face. You give him a small smile and take your backpack off the floor.

"Come on you will miss the bus. Y/n, walk Tubbo to his classroom. And watch him on the bus please." You give Philza a thumbs up and all of you head to the bus stop.

"Y/n I can't do it.." Tubbo says struggling with his tie. You give him a smile and help tie it. "Thank you!" He smiles holding your hand. Soon the bus arrives and you get on with Tubbo, he demanded that he got the window seat so you let him sit there. It's worth it if you can see that smile on his face.

***

You rush across the middle school building after dropping Tubbo off to get to the high school one. The school is three big buildings connected by hallways. The first one is elementary school, middle one is middle school and the last is high school.

You get to your class five minutes late and you meet eyes with Quackity. He laughs at you and you glare at him. "Y/l/n, you are late." The teacher crosses his arms and stares at you in disapproval.

"I'm sorry. I had to drop off my little brother. It was his first day of kindergarten and he was hesitant when we got to the door." You sign to the teacher. He gives you a confused look.

"Can anyone understand this freak? Are they deaf or something?" The teacher says sounding annoyed.

"They said 'I'm sorry. I had to drop off my little brother. It was his first day of kindergarten and he was hesitant when we got to the door.' And they are not a freak, it's just a different way of communicating you can't wrap your head around. It's not their fault you have a pea sized brainAnd you don't have to be deaf to use ASL." A beautiful girl with brown wavy hair says. That is the best thing anyone has ever said for you.

"Detention..both of you." He growls. You take your seat next to Rae and she smiles at you. "I'm Rae." She says.

"Y/n." You sign.

"I think we are going to be good friends." She says with the most beautiful smile. All you can do is smile back. Soon the class is over and you walk to your next class with Rae, you two have the same schedule.

Noticing your shaking frame she frowns a bit. "Are you cold?"

"Umm..a little.." you sign. She slides off her blazer and gives it to you. "No no no. I can't take it. You will be cold."

"No it's okay. You need it more than me. You are shaking like a leaf." She says and the two of you take a seat at the same table. Shyly, you put the blazer on and it is a few sizes too big.

"Oh my goodness. You look so cute! Big clothes on you definitely look adorable." She says and that causes you to blush.

***

Lunch rolls around and you get your lunch out of your backpack. Philza packs you a lunch because he wants to see majority of the lunch box empty when you get home. You sit at a table with Rae and two others, one a boy in a green hoodie and another wearing all black.  "These are my friends, Sykkuno and corpse. Guys this is Y/n."

Wilbur, Tommy, Karl and Dream take a seat at your table. "I didn't know you had first lunch." You tell the boys who just sat down.

"Well we do. And now you get to spend time with us!" Dream says hugging you because he knows how awkward hugs make you feel.

"Leave me alone." You sign hitting his arms.

"Who are they y/n?" Rae asks.

"Those two are my brothers, Tommy and Wilby, and the other two are their idiot friends, Karl and Dream."

"Hey!" Karl says.

"We aren't idiots.." Dream pouts.

"You are for hanging out with them." After a few minutes of silence, Wilbur speaks up.

"Where did you get the blazer y/n. It's way too big for you." Your cheeks turn a little pink.

"Rae gave it to me cause I was cold."

"Oooooooooooo" he teases you and Rae goes red too. Freshman year, day one..almost done..

——————————————
Requests are appreciated!!
Thanks for reading!

-Andy💕