Dyslexia

14 year old POV

You sit at your desk trying to decode the words in front of you. You are currently in English class and your teacher wants you to read a part in a play in front of the class soon.

No one knows you have Dyslexia, not even your teachers. And unfortunately, you have given up wearing the glasses for it a long time ago. You wore them in your old school until you moved at the end of 8th grade. After that, you just kept the glasses in your bag and told your parents you were using them. The truth is you couldn't take being called "blue" anymore because of the blue tint in your glasses.

This is the first time you've had to read to the class this year and here since you moved. So when you get up in front of the class with Emma, Rae, Thomas, and Corry to read from the play, Antigone.

You are reading the part for Ismene and Rae for Antigone. When you look down at the script your mouth goes dry as the words and letters turn into blobs in front of you. Your hands tremble and you begin to read.

"S-since that unhappy bay..day!, Anti-. I'm sorry I can't.." you drop the script and run out of the class crying. Soon you find yourself in your comfort space, the courtyard of the school under a tree. You sit there with your knees to your chest and rest your head on your knees.

There is a presence next to you which makes you curl up even more. "Go away.." you sob, pulling at your hair.

"I can't leave you like this y/n.." you hear Rae's soft voice tell you. It makes you feel like melting into a pool of water. You often claim that you are as cool as ice but right now was not your best moment.

"I'm fine..you can go back to class.." you mumble the first part. It doesn't take long to feel a pair of arms wrap around you. This gesture causes your crying to stop shortly after.

"Now..I want you to tell me what's really wrong. Why couldn't you read in front of everyone? It may only be your second week here but I know you, you normally don't freeze up like that." She says with her arms still wrapped around you.

"I..I've just enjoyed feeling normal these past few days. I don't want that to change I guess.." you say softly with your head on her shoulder.

"Now why would that happen? We love you for you. I've bonded with you easier than anyone I've ever met. You make me so happy. Nothing you say would make me think of you any different." She says. You can tell she is telling you the truth. Now it's time for you to be honest with her. You take a deep breath and close your eyes. "Take all the time you need."

"No. If I don't say it now I never will..I have dyslexia. I have tinted blue glasses to help but i don't wear them because I was bullied in my old school for them.."

"Y/n..why didn't you tell the teacher? I'm sorry about this. I know I won't exactly understand but maybe you can tell me about it so I can try to help." She smiles.

"Well..I have a hard time reading certain letters, words, etc. sometimes the words will blob together making it impossible. But yeah..I'm sorry.."

"Don't ever apologize over this..you can't control it. It's not your fault."

"Okay.." you mumble and sit there cuddling with her. This is the most comfortable you've felt..well ever.

————————————

Enjoy my lovelies,

Request are greatly appreciated!!!

-Andy💕