Coma

(26 year old POV)

You walk into the hospital to see the love of your life sitting there connected to all different wires. You feel your breath get caught in your chest and your eyes sting.

Almost struggling to breathe you make your way over to her. This is the twenty-eighth time this month you have came to see her after work. The twenty-eighth time you have seen her like this and the twenty-eighth time you have heard the same results from the doctors, she is still in a coma.

You walk over to her and take her hand. "Hello my beloved." You start and sit in the seat next to her bed. "You need to wake up soon. I can barely function without you.." you whisper, the tears now falling down your face onto her bed sheets.

"I know you need rest right now but don't sleep for too long, my love. I need you more than ever right now. Especially since the test came back positive. We tried so many times with different donors. You know how hard it was for me to get pregnant. But now we are going to have a little one Rae. So I really need you to wake up.." you tell her nearly sobbing. You feel her hand hold onto yours slightly.

"Babe..I know you are listening right now. And I miss you so so so much. Today work was okay..my boss yelled at me for not being able to take as many phone calls as usual. I need to look for a new job soon." You tell her.

"I've been thinking more and more on the first time we met. We were in the third grade waiting at the bus stop. It started raining and you shared your tiny hello kitty umbrella with me. I don't think you know but I still have the umbrella in our closet." You laugh slightly even though you are still crying.

You proceed to tell her random stories and stuff that has happened today. You tell her how Mika is doing.

"I know it's soon to think about baby names..but if it's a girl I want to name her Asher, and if it's a boy Aris." The nurse knocks at the door.

"Hello." She smiles. You return one. "I just need to swap out some of her IV bags. And congratulations. I heard you talking about baby names."

"Thank you..we have been trying for months and now I'm two months along so I hope she wakes up soon.."

"Me too..you two are going to be great parents."

"Thank you." You smile and she changes the IV.

"Of course. Visiting hours also end soon honey..I'm sorry."

"It's okay. It's not your fault." You say and she leaves. You look at Rae and it is time for you to head out. You kiss her on the lips lightly and pull away, only to see her eyes starting to flutter open.

"R-Rae?!" You ask breaking into a loud sob.

"Shhh shhh babe it's okay.." she says hugging you. She always comforts you. After you calm down you look at her in disbelief almost.

"I'm supposed to comfort you.." you mumble trying to be angry but you can't. She laughs at you being cute.

"I'll comfort you no matter what. Also I think you have to tell me something now that I'm fully conscious." She smirks at you.

"Oh yeah! I'm finally pregnant. We are going to have a baby Rae..but you did hear everything?"

"Yep. From you talking about Mika, to spending your first period without me giving you cuddles and you saying I've rubbed your stomach when you got cramps since we were sixteen, to the hello kitty umbrella in the closet, to how you want to name out baby, if a girl, Asher, and if a boy, Aris. Those are beautiful names by the way."

The nurse walks in again. "Visiting hours are over now hon- oh Rachell! You are awake this is amazing. How are you feeling?"

"Surprisingly. Not that bad. But I couldn't be better since I got to see this pretty girls face." She says and kisses you quickly.

"You two are just so cute." She says and you hold Rae's hand.

"I have to go now, my love. I'll come by tomorrow after work."

"Okay princess. One more kiss?"

"How can I say no?" You kiss her and she smiles when the kiss is over.

"I missed that." she tells you.

"Bye Rae." You laugh.

"Until tomorrow, princess."

———————————
I'm thinking about doing some more one shots around pregnancy potentially so if you have any ideas..hand them over (:

-Andy💕