Underground Fighter

18 year old POV (female)

Walking through the hallway at school, you enjoy your free period class. And by free period, it's history class. Skipping was the only thing that would stop you from getting another mark. One more mark could lead to a week suspension.

Hey y/n! I know it's a school night but I'm able to book you for a fight tonight. You want to?

You love your manager, but you know he's only in it for the money. No one wanted you as an agent because you are a girl, but after your first fight you had a line of people wanting to represent you.

Uhhh sure Mike. I should be able to sneak out. What time?

11pm tonight babygirl. You will do great like always.

You have told him time and time again to not call you baby, but he still does. It's quiet awkward since he is a 26 year old man. Whatever, it's easier to ignore him. Soon the bell rings and you are out the doors of the school to the student parking lot. There you unchain your bike and ride off back home.

***

At 10pm you start getting ready. You put a first aid kit, fake ID, cash, tape, braces, mouth guard, your phone and your house keys. You toss on some shorts and a tank top with a zip-up hoodie over it. Tying a bandanna around your mouth/nose to go unrecognized, and you do the best you can to keep up your masculine appearance.

The men down there wouldn't fight you if they knew you were a girl, let alone 18. You have been fighting for a year now and no one has caught on to your secret identity.

Once your parents are asleep, you lock your bedroom door and sneak out the window. Then you head downtown to the underground fight club.

"Hey mike." You say to your manager.

"Oh hey babygirl. Ready for your big fight tonight? You have a lot of people betting because you are going against someone who is also undefeated." He smirks.

"Nothing I can't handle." You say and start wrapping your hands in the tape from your backpack. You then throw your mouth guard in and make sure your face stays covered for the most part.

"Our next fight begins in five minutes. Please place your bets in the next five minutes." The announcer announces. Mike walks with you to where you will be fighting and you see who you are up against. He is probably 5'10. A lot of muscle. Has the same build as people you have fought before.

The five minutes pass. "Okay. Ready?" He asks the guy. He nods. "Ready?" He asks you and you nod. "Fight!" He says and steps out of the way.

You spend the first couple of seconds analyzing the guys stance. You don't hesitate after the ten second mark to throw the first punch. It hits him in the jaw and then he hits you. One to the lip and one to the eye.

You kick behind his legs causing him to fall and he drags you down with him. When you both get up he hits you again and again. You manage to get a few good hits in but the last one works like a charm because he is out cold.

You smile under your mask and then go to the booth to collect your money from the win. $4000 cash because of all of the bets.

After that you go to the bathroom that is in the normal club upstairs. At the sink you pull out the first aid kit to dress your wounds.

A bathroom stall opens and concern takes over the girls face. "Woah are you okay??" She asks.

"Yeah I'm fine. Don't worry." She rushes over.

"Let me help." She holds your chin between her thumb and index finger. Carefully, she begins to clean all of your cuts. You remove the tape from your hands and your knuckles are bloody and bruised.

"What happened y/n?" She asks. That's when you realize that she is Rae, from your school.

"Oh..I fell..?"

"I know you didn't. Now tell me the truth."

"Fine..but promise you won't tell anyone?"

"I promise."

"I'm a fighter at the fight club downstairs." You tell her and her eyes widen.

"Shit you're a badass.."

———————————
I got my SkillsUSA test tomorrow 😭😭

-Andy💕