Nightmares

Your parents are out of town so you have the whole house to yourself. You aren't exactly the average teenager. With it being a Friday night and your parents being out of town you'd think that junior year you would have a party. That's not the case.

It is 11:53pm and you are trying to stay awake at all costs to avoid having nightmares. Making your way to the kitchen you start the coffee pot to make some coffee. Within minutes the smell of coffee consumes the kitchen like a warm blanket.

Top of the morning coffee is the best coffee ever. Once it is done you add whatever you like into your coffee so your mouth is less assaulted by the taste. You bring the the cup of coffee up to your lips and smile. This should keep me up for a while.

You decide to do a late night stream to keep you up. Being pretty popular on twitch many people from school follow you but they don't know it's you. You use a rig to make you show up as an animated character that you say is you.

You go back to your room and set everything up before going live. "Hey chat! Umm it will probably be a short stream today. I'm tired but I'm drinking coffee..so we'll see how that works." You let out a nervous laugh.

Rae, who is watching your stream now can confirm it's you. Shes heard your nervous laugh a few times at school and it was just like earlier today. Today at school you had dark circles under your eyes. That concerned Rae but you told her to not worry. You gave that exact laugh in the hallway to her.

She frowns a bit worried then types in your chat.

cRAEzy.1834: you doing okay today Dove?

You look at the comment. Your streamer name is Dove because you feel they are such a peaceful animal.

"Yeah I'm doing okay thanks for asking Rae." You bring your knees up to your chest and find yourself relying heavily on the cup of coffee in front of you. Logging into a rust server you smile realizing some of your team is on so you go into the discord.

"Hi June, hi Ducky, hi Ash, Hi Ray!"

"Oh hey y/n. What are you doing on so late?" Ray asks. Being in the EST time zone you are 3 hours ahead of them. (they are all in the pst time no follow up questions🤣)

"Oh..I just felt like doing a late stream."

"That's a lie." Ray points out. He's like an older brother to you.

"Yea..I just couldn't sleep. I'm sorry.."

"Don't apologize. You can stay with us until you're ready to sleep." Hjune tells you.

"Okayyy."

Your group goes to a few oil rigs and bradly once before heading back to log out. It's now almost 3am and it's difficult for you to stay awake. Rae has been there the whole time watching your stream to make sure you were okay.

Ending your stream without saying much you decide to see if any of your friends are awake. You see that Rae is online and before you could message her she does.

Rachel.112: Hey y/n. How are you?

*-.Y/n.-*: oh hi Rachel. I'm doing ok. Can't sleep..

Rachel.112: wanna call for a bit if you can?

*-.Y/n.-*: sure :)

She calls you and you answer the FaceTime call. "Hi Rae." You yawn.

"Hi. Can I ask you a question..?" She asks. You nod. "Okay. Are you Dove. I won't tell anyone if you are it's just that little nervous laugh you did was the same as hers and-."

"Yeah..I'm Dove..but don't tell anyone please.."

"Okay I won't I promise. Now what's going on..no one streams at 3am for no reason."

"I..I can't tell you. 'm sorry."

"It's ok. You can tell me when you're ready." She smiles at you through the phone. You return a small smile back and she speaks up. "How about we try and get some sleep. I'll be here. If you wake up just wake me up if you need anything." You hesitantly nod and you both get under your covers.

"Goodnight Rae." You call out.

"Goodnight y/n."

***

4:58..well you aren't going back to sleep. You wipe the tears streaming down your face and try to even your breathing.

"Y/n?" You hear Rae's voice through your phone.

"I-I'm sorry I w-woke you u-up.."

"No no it's okay why are you crying??"

"N-nightmares.." you mumble.  

"Oh no..do you want to talk about it?"

You nod a little bit and the two of you spend some time talking about this nightmare. She sits there and listens to everything. What happened, how it made you feel and how this has been happening lately and you're trying to stay up more. In the end you ask her to come over and she tells you she'll be there soon.

As promised she was at your door 15 minutes later and she pulls you into a hug. You hug her and feel safe almost instantly.

You and Rae end up cuddling on the couch and you fall asleep without nightmares for the first time all month. As for Rae she watches over you as if protecting you. That's all she wants to do.

————————————
19k?! Y'all are cRAEzy!!! Thank you for all the support. I love you all and more is on the way!

-Andy💕