Gymnastics Meets(more towards a female pov)

"Hey guys. I'm going to be taking a few days off from streaming because I'm going somewhere with y/n this weekend. They have an important event and I'm going to support them." Rae tells her stream.

They ask a bunch of questions but she ignores them and goes back to playing her game or streaming and posting. You are getting ready for the plane you two are catching tomorrow morning. The meet is in Florida and saying you are nervous is an understatement. The meet is over the weekend and it is important because there will be college scouts there..

It is Wednesday and you guys are leaving Thursday morning, really early. The meet is Friday and Sunday. Two different meets out there for you and your team.

You pack in your suitcase clothes to sleep in, some workout clothes, 2 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of jean shorts, 2 t-shirts, 3 tank tops, underwear, socks, sneakers, a pair of flip flops, a swimsuit and 2 hoodies (knowing Rae is bound to take one).

Then in your gym bag you pack your competition leotard, the team jacket and pants for when warming up, Advil, braces, pre-wrap, tape, scissors, bandages, icy hot, liquid bandage spray, wristbands, your grips, an empty reusable water bottle, lotion, a hair brush, hairspray, hair ties/scrunchies, hand sanitizer and deodorant. Lastly you put a small teddy bear in the front pocket. Rae gave it to you when you first started dating in high school. It's your good luck charm.

Rae had packed her bag earlier today and you place your things by hers. Then you change into an oversized T-shirt and a pair of black shorts before crawling into bed next to her. She smiles at you and kisses your forehead.

"You will do great this weekend I can already tell." She whispers.

"Thanks Rae." You say against her neck.

***

Your alarm goes off at 3am. Not the ideal time to get up but you have to get to the airport. A sleepy looking Rae wakes up beside you and you smile a bit. You roll out of bed and turn your back to her as you change.

"You don't have to turn around." Rae mumbles into her pillow.

"Oh well I did." You say smirking a bit. You two have changed in front of each other before so turning around is something done to test her at times.

"I'm too tired for your games y/n." You giggle a bit and throw on a sports bra and then a gymnastics meet t-shirt from a couple months ago. You put on some adidas sweatpants then put your hair in a messy bun.

The rest of your team is going to meet you at the airport. You are a little nervous. They have never met Rae. She had gone to a different high school. Rae is dressed pretty similar to you. She has on matching sweatpants, a T-shirt then she runs to the closet and comes back with one of your hoodies.

She puts it on and the hoodie and it swallows her. "You look so cute in my hoodies." A blush makes it's way on her cheeks and you smile at her. You grab your passports and the plane tickets before putting them in Rae's carry-on bag.

The ride to the airport was quite since it was early. You two get through airport security and you see your team. You go over to them. "Hey guys."

"Hi y/n!!" Your best friend on the team Molly yells at you and hugs you. "Who's this?" She asks motioning towards Rae.

"Hi I'm Rae." She says introducing herself.

"Wait..valkyrae??" May, another one of your teammates asks.

"Umm yea.." she says nervously. She reaches for your hand. Rae always grabs your hand or uses some type of physical contact to show she's nervous.

"It's okay baby." You whisper just so she can hear. She nods a little and you run your thumb over her knuckles.

"Well let me introduce her properly..guys this is my girlfriend and if you say anything then you all are dead because we haven't told her platforms yet."

They all say that they won't say anything and you sit down with Rae in your lap. She lays her head on your shoulder tiredly and you rub her back comforting her. Soon enough she falls asleep and you couldn't be happier.

***

It is Friday morning and it is the first meet. You get ready in the hotel bathroom you put on your team leotard, the pants and the team jacket then do light makeup and put your hair up in a bun.

Rae is waiting for you at the door and you grab your gym bag. Soon you are at the place where the competition is and your nerves are racing.

She takes your hand and gives you a small smile. "You will do great babe. I believe it you." She gives you a quick kiss on your lips and you smile. You go in and sign in and she sits where the spectators can watch the meet. Here goes nothing.

***

After stretching and the announcers saying who the teams competing are your team goes to the first event, vault. A few of your teammates go then it is your turn. You shiver a little just standing there in your leotard but you will be warm before you know it.

You stand off to the side of the blue runway and look over at Rae. She gives you a thumbs up and the judges raise their hand. You salute back and step on to the runway. You sprint towards the vault doing a round off on to the springboard leading to a back handspring to the vault and a double back flip out of it. You stumble a bit but land it. In the end your score is a 9.350.

When it is your turn on bars you put on your wristbands and grips and go to the chalk bucket. You get chalk on your hands and go to the springboard. Saluting back to the judges you take the few seconds to mentally prepare. Jumping from it you do a glide swing into a kip. You cast and do a straddle up into a full pirouette then back down to a cast. You jump to the high bar where you do a kip to a straddle up. You do a few giants before doing your flyaway, a back full and landing it. Your score is a 9.875.

***

On all events you did really good. On floor you got a 9.750 and on beam you got a 10.000. Now they are announcing awards.

"For third place on vault it is Madison Reed." They tell us. The girl gets up and goes to the podium. "Second place on vault is y/n y/l/n. And first place is Molly Goldun." You and your best friend go up to the podium and get your medals then salute and go back to your team.

They call for bars. May for third, a girl named Willow for second and you for first. On floor and beam you also get first. They call all around winners which was also you with a score of 38.975. They end the meet and you go over to Rae. She takes you medals and puts them around her neck smiling.

"You're so cute." You whisper just for her to hear. You kiss her forehead quickly then take a picture of her. When you get on Instagram the first few pictures on your explore page is Rae from today.

"Well people know where you went and they know you were with me.." you tell her.

"Well let's do something about it." She takes a selfie with you and then opens Twitter. She attaches a few images from the meet and the selfie and says, 'They may be an all around champion but I feel like I definitely am an all around champion when I chose them🤸🏼‍♀️💕'

You reply to her tweet. 'I love you babes. Thanks for coming with me🥺❤️'

Her fans are very supportive of the two of you and you are both very happy about that.

———————

Hey guys. Sorry it took so long. I had shop this week so I was working on cars. Then I had three field hockey games and I have lacrosse tryouts tomorrow. Not stressful at all..but I managed to finish this. The original prompt was a dance competition but I know nothing about dance I'm sorry :/

-Andy💕