Date night

You smile cooking in the kitchen getting everything ready for your date with Rae. You are making spaghetti and meatballs with a Cesar salad and garlic bread.

You set the table and plate everything and clean up the kitchen wanting to impress her. You place the newly bought flowers into a vase in the center of the table. Looking over at the clock it says 5:45. She should be home any minute now.

Six o'clock rolls around and she still isn't home. You call her and it goes straight to voicemail. You frown a bit and wait some more. You sigh and decide to text Brooke.

(Brooke ; you)

Brookieeeeee I is sad :(

Aww why is that bubs?

Rae isn't home and I made a nice dinner for our date tonight and I feel like I did it all for nothing..

I'm sorry y/n..maybe she just had to work late?

Maybe..

*end of text messages *

You put your phone away and sit on the couch. Six o'clock turns into nine o'clock and there is still no sign of Rae. You've probably texted and called her about a hundred times.

You get up and go to your shared bedroom and change out of your formal clothes. Deciding on one of your hoodies and a pair of sweatpants you find yourself eating cold pizza on the couch watching reruns of Icarly on teen Nick to bring you back to your childhood.

It's 10:53 when you hear Rae's keys on the other side of the door. You hear the door followed by it shutting and her footsteps. She comes into the living room to see you on the couch.

"Hi babe. Sorry I was out late. I got a promotion at work today and I had to work a bit later tonight.."

"It's fine.." you say barely above a whisper.

"Okay..is there any pizza left over?" You just nod and she walks towards the kitchen. Tears well up in her eyes when she sees what you did. The table is still set like you had it. The two plates of pasta along with the salad and garlic bread, a beautiful vase with flowers in the middle and her favorite drink.

She forgot about the date that you were planning for tonight. She is hit with a consuming feeling of guilt. How could I forget..she thinks to herself. Tears are now pouring down her face.

She feels like a horrible girlfriend. "Y-y/n.." she says as you walk in. "You did all this?" You just nod. "I'm so sorry..I'm such a bad girlfriend..I'm so so so sorry."

You wrap your arms around her. "It's okay..you got a promotion today and you had to work late. We can reheat the pasta and still have our dinner." You tell her.

"S-so you aren't mad..?" She asks you.

"I could never be mad. Also I'm very proud of you. I know you've been working hard at work lately." She smiles a bit and you hug her tighter.

"I love you." She says.

"I love you too." You reply and lead her to the table. The two of you warm up the plates in the microwave then sit down to eat.

"Is it good?" You ask as she takes a bite.

"Oh my god..y/n this is wonderful! It's so good! You're an amazing cook." You smile at her words and eat your dinner.

"So how's the promotion?" You ask after a minute or two of silence.

"It's okay..I have to work longer but it's worth it. I'll miss you a lot though.."

"I will too..but you will be doing something you love." She nods a bit. The two of you finish up your dinner and you wash the dishes. She had gone to the bedroom probably to go to sleep.

When you finish you turn off the tv in the living room and head to the bedroom. You smile at the sight in front of you, Rae curled up in the covers with Mika at the foot of the bed.

She looks perfect. The moon light is peeking through the curtains and hitting her face showing how beautiful she is.

You get into bed next to her and pull her on top of you for cuddles. Her head lies on your chest and you play with her hair. Small snores come from her and Mika.

Even though tonight didn't go as planned it was still perfect to you. And you are happy to have your girl right here with you to cuddle.

—————————————
This was kinda shot but cute 🥺

-Andy💕

(Ps..SEND IN YOUR REQUESTS PWEASE)