You Adopt a Child with Her (Chapter 1)

28 year old POV

You walk into the home for children that is near your town. After months and months of consideration, you have decided that you two are ready to adopt a child.

You walk in holding Rae's hand and a woman instantly greets you two with a smile. "Welcome to Sundale's home for children. Is there anything I can help you with?"

"We are looking to adopt a child." Rae says proudly.

"Oh okay! Wonderful. I will introduce you to the children." She says. "Kids come downstairs we have company." She says and soon there are twelve children lined up in the living room.

"From oldest to youngest, we have Macey(17), Dylan(17), Ashley (16), Rider (15), Sam (13), Lily (10), Sawyer (8), George (7), Willow (5), James (5), Isaac (3) and Taylor (3)." You are quick to notice the two youngest ones holding on to Ashley almost shaking.

"Excuse me Ms.Williams." Ashley says and guides the two youngest of the little ones into another room.

"Ashley get back here. They need to learn to be around new people!" She pokes her head around the doorway.

"They are only 3, give them a break." Ashley says full of sass. That only peaks your interest in them.

"You are all dismissed. Continue on. Our guests will be walking around to meet with you." The woman says sounding annoyed.

You and Rae walk around and meet with the other children and none of them seem to have a connection with either of you. Soon you find yourselves at the room Ashley took Isaac and Taylor to.

"Hi." You say softly.

"Hey." Ashley says sitting up straight. She strokes Taylor's hair as she sleeps and Isaac is sprawled across the floor sleeping.

"Why don't you tell us about yourself." Rae says with a smile.

"My name is Asher. I don't care how many times Ms.Williams tells you it's Ashley or that I'm a girl. It is Asher. I'm 16. I go by the he/him pronouns. I've been here for about a year now with Isaac and Taylor. I love watching over my siblings. They are my world and I'll do anything to keep them safe and help them find a good home. I've realized many people don't like to adopt the older kids so I have a few more years until I can leave here. But getting these two to a loving home with a nice family is all I can wish for. We haven't had the best family..that's why we are here. Most people don't want to adopt three kids either. People don't like that I'm transgender. Others don't like that Isaac has anxiety and ADHD. And others don't like that Taylor is deaf. I'm teaching her ASL and she has a cochlear implant so she can hear muffled words. I am currently spending a lot of time with her working on speech too."

"You all seem so precious." You tell him. He smiles at you and Taylor moves in his lap.

"Hi Ash." Taylor says slightly slurred. Her speech sounds good so far for being deaf.

"Hi Taylor. Some nice people are here to meet us." She says speaking a little slower. Taylor rubs her eyes and then looks at you and Rae.

"Hi. I'm Rae, this is y/n." Rae says to the small girl.

"Hi.." she whispers and looks down.

"She's a little shy. But Isaac, he's one big cuddle buddy. Don't let his size fool you. He may be a little shy at first too." Isaac soon sits up, his blonde hair going in all different directions. Isaac notices you and Rae then quickly hops on to Ashers bed.

"Hey buddy. How was your nap?" Asher asks.

"Good!" He smiles from ear to ear, not even looking like he was asleep less than thirty seconds ago. The only evidence is his hair. Rae fixes it for him and then he clings on to her.

"Hi! I Issac! (Pronounced Is-ack) I dis manys and I love dinosaurs!!" He says holding up three fingers.

"Your name is pronounced Isaac you silly goose." Asher says.

"Isaac." He says correctly, but much slower this time.

"Zacy." Taylor giggles and hugs him. Isaac hugs his sister.

"Isaac is older by four minutes. So he is very protective over Taylor." Asher explains and you nod.

You all spend the next hour getting to know them and you already feel that they are a part of your family with Rae. Rae gives you a look and you nod.

"So..how would you feel if we adopted you guys?" Rae says with a huge smile.

"Wait..all of us??" Asher asks.

"Of course! We would love it if you would join our family. That's only if you want to." You say to the three kids.

"Well what do you say Isaac?"

"Yes!!"

"And you Taylor?" Asher says. Taylor nods quickly.

"Yes please." She signs.

You and Rae hug all of them in a big group hug. "Welcome to our family." Rae says softly. And you couldn't ask for anything more.

————————————
Want a mini series thing for this story? Cause I can make that happen 😎

Also your girl got 4th place in her school science fair and saved her Saturday from a regional science fair by not signing up online to move on. IM SO HAPPY I DIDNT LMAO..honors credits here I come.

-Andy💕