Concert Tickets

18 year old POV

"Raeeeee." You whine to your girlfriend of a few months now.

"What happened? Did you get the tickets?" She asks over the phone. You flip back on your bed and let out a groan.

"It was sold out.." you mumble.

"That's impossible. The tickets went on sale today." She says confirming the obvious.

"That didn't stop it from being sold out. He hasn't played a show in America for a few years now. Of course everyone wants to go." You say trying to not sound upset.

The two of you talked about going to see Ed Sheeran on his Mathematics Tour. The tickets were in your budget range but the show just sold out before you could buy any.

"I'm so sorry.." she whispers to you over the phone. She knows how happy his music makes you and now that you aren't able to go, she knows you must be devastated.

"It's fine..I think I'm just going to go to sleep. Goodnight." You whisper and hang up. That's when Rae knew she'd go through hell and back to get you those concert tickets.

***

Rae was driving in her car to go to the house of kids she was babysitting for this weekend. She is still bewildered that the show sold out for a concert that was all the way in July.

"Lucky caller number ten will receive TWO backstage passes to Ed Sheeran LIVE at Gillette Stadium!! Call us at ***-***_****!!"

Rae pulls over and pulls out her phone to begin dialing the number. She hears that the line is busy on her phone but a few seconds later it begins to ring.

"Hello?" A familiar voice of the woman on the radio says through her phone.

"Hi!" Rae says with a smile.

"And what is your name?"

"I'm Rachell."

"Well Rachell...you and a lucky guest will be going to see Ed Sheeran July first at Gillette Stadium!"

"Oh my goodness! My girlfriend will be so happy!" She says trying to contain her excitement.

"Well that is great to hear! This is the last set of tickets for Ed Sheeran and we will have more tickets for other shows coming up." They disconnect from the radio and Rae gives information for them to mail the passes and tickets.

"Thank you so much." She says.

"No thank you for listening. Have a great day." The radio woman says.

"Thanks you too!"

***July 1st***

"Rae why are we driving towards the stadium?" You ask her.

"Well..I may have been able to score these." She holds up the backstage passes and tickets for the first row.

"NO WAY. HOW DID YOU GET THESE?!"

"I may have won a radio contest a while back..surprise?"

"YOU ARE THE BEST GIRLFRIEND EVER!!"

"Awww thank you. Now come on. Let's go see the concert." The two of you had an amazing night.

————————
Does anyone still read this? 😂😂
Oh also a new 5SOS book is out on my page. You should check it out :)

-Andy💕