Field Hockey Camp

16 year old POV

You pull into the parking lot of the high school and park your car. Quickly, you hop out and grab all of your equipment from the back hatch of your vehicle. Jogging over to the turf field you send a quick smile to your coach. She seems so overwhelmed it's upsetting to you.

Not many people on the field hockey team volunteered for the camp. The only people who volunteered were a freshman, Lucy, two sophomores, you and Owen, and a senior, Gwen.

The camp is for grades 6-8 to get them ready for high school level. 8th graders only are allowed to attend on Fridays to captain's practices with the high school team since they are trying out next year. This gives them time to shadow players and learn the game.

"Yoooooo what's up Owen!" You say running over and nearly tackling him to the ground.

"How's my favorite gay bean?" He asks hugging you.

"Great! I'm excited to play. I haven't seen you since June 16th!!"

"Y/n..calm down. It's only been two weeks."

"But that's two whole weeks without my bestie." You tell him and he laughs. Middle schoolers start showing up around 8:00 for check in and the camp starts at 8:30.

You, Lucy, Owen and Gwen are each going to have a team and do mini scrimmages at the end. "Volunteers come here!" Your coach says. You all jog over and she hands you each a box.

"Y/n, you're team blue, Owen, team green, Lucy, team red, Gwen, team orange." Your coach also puts a schedule on top of each of your boxes with a roster of your mini teams.

"Okay if I call out your name, you are on team orange." Gwen says. "Peter, Alice, Leslie, Hannah, John, Frankie and Sara."

"If I call your name you're with me, on the red team." Lucy starts. "Jake, Izzy, Katie, Sydney, Indiana," she looks a little surprise when a tall eight grade guy walks up, he has wavy brown hair, tan skin and dark freckles on his cheeks with dimples. You would probably fall for him if you were into men. "Stacy and Skylar."

"I think Lucy has a little crush." Owen whispers to you. You laugh a little and he gives his signature smile causing a few girls to blush. "If you're with me you are automatically on the winning team." He says acting cocky. "Liam, Imane, Corry, Reghan, Lily,Michael and Quinn."

"Okay and now everyone else come with me I think it's simple." You laugh and a girl on the shorter side let's out a small laugh. The field is split into four quadrants already so you take your team to one.

"So welcome to Field hockey camp. I'm y/n but I think we should go over names quickly."

"Im Kyle,"

"Im Stephenie,"

"Im Julia,"

"Im Madi,"

"Im Thomas.." a boy says shyly.

"Im Emma," Oh my gosh her accent is amazing, "thank you, I get that a lot." She laughs.

"Oh shit..I said that out loud!" You slap a hand over your mouth. She just continues to laugh and you turn to the last girl.

"I'm Rachell but I prefer Rae.." she whispers looking at the ground.

"Okay Rae, that's very pretty."

"Thank you.." she blushes.

You hand everyone out a blue reversible penny shirt. On the blue side the writing is is white, when you flip it the writing is in blue on a white shirt. It's the same for all the teams. The logo says, (your school mascot animal) Field Hockey Camp. It has crossed field hockey sticks too. On the back there are numbers, one through seven.