Your mother is abusive towards you

(17 year old POV)

You sit at the island in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal and your mother walks in. She is dressed in business attire due to her job, a realtor agent. She owns her own company and wants you to follow her footsteps.

"I saw your grades on your last math test." She says, no emotion is showing.

"Yeah. I did good on it. I got a 95%"

"It's not good enough! Come on y/n! You need to do better! I emailed your teacher and someone got 100% on that test. You can't let others be better than you. You need to be on top! If you don't then you can't take over my company and I'll send you to live with your father in Europe." You frown at her words.

"Okay mother.." you whisper and take your bag before heading to the car. She gets in as well and starts the car.

"I'm only looking out for you y/n. You need to be the best or no one will love you! I want you to be as successful as me. You can't be any other way." You only nod and the rest of the car ride is silent.

As you get out you grab your bag and she looks at you. "Remember. Be the best." She says with a slight glare. You nod and head into the school.

No one exactly likes you at school. You are a cold person to everyone because that was how you were brought up. Your teachers don't give you help like the others and people don't try to talk to you. Well all except one person.

"Hey." She says snapping you out of your thoughts. The two of you continue walking down the hallway.

"Hi." You say, the same cold tone as your mother. Rachel has been your only 'friend' since the third grade. Or as close as you consider friends. She is also your neighbor and is very nice to you, even in the times you are mean to her.

Rae has come over a few times but your mother has scared her off. "I heard you and your mom arguing this morning..is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Everything is fine.." you tell her and she only nods. The two of you get to class and she sits next to you.

***

Later that day you sit at the kitchen island, Rae sitting across from you. "So..it's been a while since I've been here." She says with a smile.

"Yeah. Mother doesn't exactly like me to be friends with others.." the home phone rings before she can respond and you pick it up.

"Hello?" You ask.

"Oh y/n! I need you to clean up the place! I have some work friends coming over. Maybe you can cook dinner too. If not that's okay." Your mom says. You know it's not okay and she wants all of her requests done.

"Mother..I have lots of homework."

"Well you can get it done later. This is far more important than whatever you are doing."

"Okay.." she hangs up and you put down the phone.

"Rae maybe you can come over another time.." you say feeling sad.

"Oh okay. Tomorrow after school?"

"Sure." You say to her. She leaves and you begin your cleaning. You clean up everything and then you cook the best thing you can think of for your mother and her two work friends. You cook salmon and rice along with asparagus.

She comes in as you are plating everything. "Smells delicious!" You hear Mrs. Hofstetter say. You wish Rachel was here. You turn around and see Rachel standing next to her mother and accidentally drop a plate.

It shatters and you get nervous as your mother glares at you. "I-I'm sorry! I'll get a broom.."

You rush upstairs to the closet and grab a broom. When you turn around you are greeted by your mother. "How could you brake that plate?! Are you trying to embarrass me?! How do you think that makes me look, that I have a klutz for a daughter that can't even do this right!" Before you know it you feel her hand connect to your cheek. She has never hit you before so this scares you.

You rush downstairs on the verge of tears and clean up the mess. Rae is saying something to her mother and you cry silently to yourself, your back turned towards them. After you finish plating the rest of the food, you serve everyone and quickly excuse yourself. You go back to your room and start your homework.

Rae has known something has been going on between you and your mother. She decided to get evidence this time. She recorded on her phone when you were at the closet, up until she hit you. Then she went quietly back downstairs to her mom.

Mrs. Hofstetter had went to the bathroom to call the police and now a half hour later, there is a knock on the door. Your mother answers it and has a look of confusion.

"Good evening ma'am. We got a call saying to come to this address. Can someone explain."

"Yes..she has been abusing my friend.." Rae says tearing up at the words that just left her mouth. Your mother plays as if she doesn't know what's going on. With all the commotion, you peak downstairs.

"What do you mean?" Your mother says.

"I have proof.." Rae says and shows the officer the video she got.

"Okay. We need to take you into custody and you all down to the police department for questioning."

"As long as y/n is safe I'm happy.." Rae says. You run downstairs and hug her tightly.

"Thank you.." you whisper.

"Anything for you, beautiful." She tells you making you blush.

——————————
Hope you had a great Christmas if you celebrate it. Happy holidays! Stay safe and healthy! I love you,
Goodnight my lovelies,

-Andy💕