Not the baby anymore

5 year old POV

You sit on the couch with a sad look on your face. Your parents just got back from the hospital with your new baby brother, August. And for you..let's just say it was hate at first sight.

Your dad has all of his attention on his first son, excited that he is a part of the family, your mom is in her room already asleep because she's exhausted, and lastly, Imane is so infatuated with the new sibling that she doesn't even hear you talking to her.

"Manieeee...Manieeeeeeee." You whine and eventually huff and stomp your foot. "Bring him back! I don't like him!" You shout and that finally brings the attention to you. This causes August to cry and your fathers attention is back to the crying infant.

Imane on the other hand glares at you. "He's not going back. Get used to it you brat. You aren't the baby anymore. You're just the middle child." She says through her teeth. This makes you run to your room and close the door. This is your new life and you have to get used to it.

***

Days pass and it's the same thing. All attention is on August. You haven't eaten much because no one notices you. No one makes you food anymore. You have a scrape on your knee from a half hour ago that no one has helped you clean up, and no one has helped you keep your hair nice. So you do what everyone tells you to do when you try to talk to them. You play quietly in your room by yourself.

Rae frowns when she comes by to visit Imane. Normally you're playing in the living room with a huge smile on your face, but today you were no where to be found.

"Raeeee this is my baby brother. Isn't he the cutest??" Imane smiles and holds Augie. 

"Yeah..where's y/n? Normally they know when I'm coming over and I'm not going to lie, I love their hugs." She says. Imane rolls her eyes.

"Ugh. Don't get me started. Y/n has been being a brat ever since Augie came home. They need to understand that they are not the baby anymore. They are 5 now and Augie needs more attention than them." This makes Rae's frown deepen. She sighs when Imane returns her full attention to the baby.

Rae takes this time to sneak to your room. She opens the door and her heart shatters at the sight. There you are, curled up in a ball sleeping with your thumb hanging out of your mouth, tear streaked cheeks, and a bloody knee. She is quick to shake your shoulders gently.

As you begin to wake up, she runs her hand along your cheek gently. "Hey bunny!" She smiles and you jump up to hug her tightly.

"Rae!" You squeal in excitement.

"Hi precious. What happened to your knee?" She asks and picks you up. She begins to walk you to the bathroom.

"I fell playing outside.." you say quietly.

"Oh no..let's get that cleaned up." She gives you a gentle smile and places you on the sink. She quickly cleans the cut on your knee and puts a bandage on it. To top it off she gives you a soft kiss on your forehead.

She takes you back to your room and sits with you on the bed. In a matter of minutes she has your hair fully bushed out and does two braids.

"Can we make PB&J sandwiches?" You ask in a soft voice. She smiles.

"Of course." The two of you go to the kitchen and that's where you enjoy lunch. After that day, Rae always comes over to check on you.

—————————
Hey hey! Hope you enjoyed. Sorry it took so long :(

-Andy💕