Mental health days

23 year old POV

You wake up and instantly know that you wouldn't be able to get through the day at work. So you called in for a personal day at work and decided to lay in bed for a while longer. You have been so busy lately and you just needed some time for yourself.

You decide to get up and make breakfast, scrambled eggs and toast. Along with that you have your favorite coffee or tea. As you eat that, you begin to plan out what you want to do.

Your roommate, Rae is out for the day doing voice acting so you have the day for yourself. You plan to eat breakfast, take a bath, nap for a bit, and overall just relax.

After breakfast, you clean your plate and then sit on the couch. You begin to watch a movie and curl up in the blanket. The warmth from the blanket makes it easy for you to fall asleep. By now it is 30 minutes into your nap and Rae walks in the door. She sees you asleep on the couch with Mika in a ball at your feet.

Quickly, she takes a photo of the two of you and cleans the house a little for you. By the time she is done, she cooks dinner for the two of you.

By now you wake up to the smell of the pasta in the kitchen. You head there and see Rae. "Hey. Did you rest well today?" She asks giving you a small smile.

"Yeah. I feel a little better. I can't believe I slept for that long. That's insane.." you laugh a little and she giggles at your rambling.

"It's fine. I understand. We all need a day off every now and then. Butttttttt I made dinner for us so let's eat before it gets cold." She serves the spaghetti she made and the two of you eat the meal that is amazing.

"This is so good." You tell her and she smiles.

"Thank you. I tried my best." The rest of the dinner is enjoyed in a comfortable silence. Rae is up right after she finishes and you hear the water running in the bathroom. A few minutes pass and she comes back out.

"I ran you a warm bubble bath with the vanilla scented bubbles. Go enjoy that and I'll clean up the dishes."

"Are you sure?" You ask her.

"Positive. Now go enjoy yourself." She smiles and begins to take the dishes over to the sink. You go the the bathroom and get into the bath and you listen to the soft clattering of the plates being cleaned in the sink. This was exactly what you wanted today but you didn't expect Rae to do it all for you. She is amazing and you owe her a huge thank you.

You enjoy the bath until you get wrinkly and the water begins to get cold. You didn't even notice that Rae left warm towels and folded pajamas on the sink.

You quickly dry off and put on the clothes left for you. Rae in on the couch and you go to lay next to her with your head in her lap. Her hand runs through your hair. "Thank you for everything."

"I'd do anything to make you happy." She whispers with a small smile.

———————————
IM ALIVE :)

I WILL TRY TO UPDATE MORE. BUT I DO NEED REQUESTS TO KEEP THE BOOK GOING. THANK YOU FOR STICKING AROUND AND READING THIS. ENJOY!!

-Andy💕