Beauty and the Geek

(This one is more towards a female reader based on the request. TW: Mention of drugs, alcohol, abusive parents, eating disorders suicide attempts and depression. Read if you only feel comfortable ❤️)

It all started at a stupid high school party. "Truth or dare?" Abe asks Rae.

"Dare." She states.

"I dare you to turn the nerd at school into a popular girl."

"Okay Abe you're on."

***

"Okay now I'm going to assign partners to work on this outside of school. Thomas and Corry(corpse), Jack and Ludwig, Tina and Wendy, Ash and Jeremy, Janet and Imane, Peter and Albert, Leslie and Edison, Lily and Michael, Rachel and Y/n..this is due Friday. Any questions email me. Class dismissed." The teacher says when the bell rings.

You gulp nervously. Rachel. The girl that has picked on you since the 1st grade. They girl you've had a huge crush on forever.

"My house or yours?" She asks you at your locker.

"Umm..yours..?" You ask not wanting her to see your living conditions. And you don't want her to see your parents. They aren't the best when they're under the influence..

"Okay." She says. She leads you outside and you get to her car. You stand there as she gets in.

"Come on, get in." She says. You do and she smiles. It's much different than your parents car. It's clean. It doesn't smell of vomit, cigarettes, alcohol or marijuana.

She drives to her house and you see your house at the corner of a traffic light. You, your mom and dad live in a small weatherboard house in the more run down side of town. That happened to be where the school was in town.

Your house is very old. It has a grimy look to the outside and every plant is dead in the yard and the grass is overgrown. The windows are broken and it almost looks abandoned.

The light turns green and we continue to drive in silence. We pull up to a relatively large house. The front years is amazing and the house is beautiful.

"It's beautiful.." you tell her.

"Wait till we go inside." She says and gets her bag from the back. You get out and put your bad on your shoulder. Rae opens the front door and the two of you go inside.

"Mom I'm home and I have a friend over." She tells her mom.

"Can I meet them?" You hear a sweet voice ask. You are led to the kitchen.

"Mom this is y/n, y/n my mom."

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. Hofstetter." You shake her hand.

"It's nice to meet you too y/n. And it's good to know at least one delinquent friend of Rachel's has manners." She jokes. You giggle a bit. Little do you know that your laugh sent butterflies into Rae's stomach.

"Okay mom we have to go work on an assignment now."

"Okay honey. It was nice meeting you y/n."

"You too Mrs. Hofstetter."

Rae takes you to her room and it's much different than yours. To start she actually has a bed. You've been sleeping on the floor for your whole life. There also was a nice willow. It wasn't broken. There was a desk and a really nice closet and best of all there were no blood stains on the floor.

Rae is confused about why you're acting like you've never seen a bedroom. You've never slept over a friends house and you are relying on scholarships to get out of your current home.