The Tomboy

14 year old POV (Female reader)

Rae's pov

I excitedly wait in the living room, stomach pressed on the back of the couch looking out the window to the front yard because y/n is coming over today. It's Saturday and she always comes over. A few minutes later I see her walking down the sidewalk and before she can knock on the door, I open it.

"Hi Rae!" She says to me.

"Hi y/n!" I hug her quickly and she hugs me back in a protective manner.

"What do you want to do today?" I ask after we step back.

"Hmmm..let's go for a walk in the woods behind your house!" We always go for walks there, it's our space.

"Let's go." I smile and we head out back and into the woods. We walk avoiding puddles and we soon get to a stream.

"Remember when we were six and I would catch frogs and try to give them to you as gifts?" Her face scrunches up.

"You were seven when you realized to stop doing that and pick flowers instead."

"No flower is ever as beautiful as you." Y/n says causing me to blush.

"S-shush.."

"Come on." She takes my hand and leads me to the clearing. That's where the wildflowers are. Y/n starts to pick an arrangement of flowers. She knows which ones are safe and which to avoid.

"My love." Y/n says in a posh voice making me giggle.

"Thank you." I smile.

"You know I don't just pick flowers for anyone."

"Yeah yeah.." I whisper and we sit down. "What happened to your knee??"

"Oh I wiped out at the skate park. I'm okay though."

"Good..I don't like the idea of you hurt." I tell her honestly.

"Awww. You are cute when you worry about me. But please don't..I'm okay.."

"Alright." I lay my head on her shoulder and she wraps her arm around me protectively.

We talk for hours and soon we are talking about the school dance. "Are you going?" I ask.

"If the right person comes along then yes."

"Go to the dance with me!" I blurt out.

"Oh really Ms.Rachell?" She smirks.

"Y-yeah."

"Okay then." She kisses my forehead and I couldn't be happier.

———————————
Sorry it took so long..I'm currently stocking up on chapters for my new book. Drops right after this is up soooooooooooo....check it out 🥳

-Andy💕