Dancing in the rain

Currently your head rested against Rae's chest and her arms are wrapped around you. The two of you swaying softly to the music that could be heard coming from your speaker in the kitchen.

This wasn't uncommon. Just for the two of you to slow dance on the back of your porch. You've always loved dancing with her. The two of you were in the same dance class since you could walk.

"Y/n?" Rae whispers.

"Yeah Rae?" You look up at her. Nothing has felt this perfect in a long time.

"Think that it will be like this forever? Just you and me?"

"I sure hope so." You kiss her cheek then go back to your position before. She brings her lips to your forehead and leaves a small kiss. You feel her smile as she pulls away. Just the simple thing like little kisses from her are enough to realize how much you are loved.

The two of you dance for what seems like hours. Just there on the back patio in socks, shorts and a baggy T-shirt.

A frown takes a presence on your face when you feel a raindrop. "It's raining.."

"So?" She asks and that makes you smile. You look up at the gray sky and a drop off water comes down and gets you in the eye. You and Rae laugh and the only thing that was going through Rae's mind is that you are perfect.

You take off your now soaked socks from the rain and she does the same. You lead her to the grass and it starts pouring. You tuck her hair behind her ear admiring her.

"I found the one, for me. Darling just dive right in. Follow my lead." Was heard from your speaker. The two of you being to slow dance again. This was your relationship song with her.

"I found the girl. Beautiful and sweet. I never knew you were the someone waiting for me." You sing along.

"We were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was. I will not give you up, this time. Darling just kiss me slow. Your heart is all I own. And in your eyes you're holding mine." Rae sings.

"Baby I'm," you two sing softly at the same time with the biggest smiles on your faces. "Dancing in the dark. You between my arms. Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song. When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath. You heard it, darling you look perfect tonight."

The rain doesn't show any signs of letting up but the second lightning strikes the two of you run inside.

"I'll go get towels." You say and go to get them from the closet. Rae starts a tea kettle for tea. When you return with the towels she is putting the tea bags in the mugs of water.

"I also got you a change of clothes." You tell her giving her the clothes and the towel. She runs off to change and you pour the hot water in the mugs.

When she returns you go and change and go to the couch with her. Drinking the tea you pull Rae closer to you. You fumbled a little bit with a felt box in your pocket from when you changed. It's now or never..

You put your mug on the coffee table and get down on one knee holding the ring in the box.

"I hope I will see you in that dress looking beautiful. But I know I won't deserve it but you are just so perfect..Rachel Hofstetter..will you marry me..?"

"Y-yes. Is that even a question??"

You smile and put the engagement ring on her and stand up. She does too and you kiss her. She kisses back and you can't help but smile. She really is perfect.

——————————

Another cute story. Success :)
Well..requests are appreciated!!! No limit to amount of requests. All ideas are welcome.

-Andy💕