It's Complicated ✔️

By ambivertreader

They are married, but not a couple. . . They are Husband and Wife, but complete strangers. . . What will happ... More

Author's note
🚨IMPORTANT NOTE❗
Prologue
Chapter 1: Unusual Married Life
Chapter 2: Business deal
Chapter 3: Bestie Therapy
Chapter 4: From Happy to Frustrated
Chapter 5: One Week, Three Meetings
Chapter 6: It's A Deal
Chapter 7: Knights are for princesses
Chapter 8: Nathan's house, not my home.
Chapter 9: You don't like her, because you don't know her!
Chapter 10: Mr.Grey is Mr.Knight's role model
Chapter 11: Change Of Behavior
Chapter 12: Reunion Part 1
Chapter: 13 Reunion Part 2
Chapter: 14 How dare you touch her?
Chapter: 15 Secret Admirer
Chapter: 16 My Boyfriend?
Chapter: 17 Agonizing Memory
Chapter: 18 A New Day
Chapter: 19 Bodyguard
Chapter: 20 Cutie Pie
First Award :)
Chapter: 21 Mrs.Nathan Knight
Chapter: 22 Speechless
Chapter: 23 Bonded By Vows
Chapter: 24 Giant Nanny
Chapter: 25 I've got you
Chapter: 26 I Am Too Good For You
Chapter: 27 First Kiss
Chapter: 28 Acting Differently
Chapter: 29 Your Girlfriend
Author's Note
Chapter: 30 Get Out!
Chapter: 31 My Dead Relationship
Chapter:32 Take Me Away
Chapter: 33 She Left Me
Chapter: 34 She Knows Everything
Chapter: 35 Owen Is Dead
Chapter: 36 Shoot That Bastard
Chapter: 37 You Lost Her Trust
Chapter: 38 They Are Here
Chapter:39 This Is It
Chapter:40 Don't Leave Me
Chapter: 41 Do not die!
Chapter: 42 I Miss You
Chapter: 43 Fifty Shades Of Grey
Chapter: 44 I Have Changed
Chapter:45 We Aim To Please
Chapter: 46 Goodbye
Chapter: 47 Abigail Loved Me
Chapter: 48 Hope and Determination
Chapter: 49 Little Progress
Chapter: 50 Just Ogling You
Chapter: 51 Are you possessed?
Chapter: 52 My Stupidity
Chapter: 53 Feelings Are Imperishable
Chapter: 54 Pure
Chapter: 55 I Love You
Chapter: 56 Queen
Chapter: 57 Trial And Error
Chapter: 58 Valentine's Day
Chapter: 59 I Am Happy
Chapter: 60 Fear
Chapter: 61 I Am Here
Chapter: 62 My Family
Chapter: 63 You Are Bothering Me
Chapter: 64 The Ring
Chapter: 66 He Is Mine
Chapter: 67 Hash Brownies
Chapter: 68 Our Future
Chapter: 69 My Favorite Cupcake
Chapter: 70 Daddy's Pride
Chapter: 71 I Vow
Epilogue
Thank You!
Special Bonus Chapter: I never trouble her.
Bonus Chapter:1 Kisses
Bonus Chapter:2 Second Home
Bonus Chapter:3 Little Secret
Bonus Chapter:4 Part Of You
Bonus Chapter:5 Baby Mama
One Million Reads!!!
Bonus Chapter:6 Memories
Nominated For Fiction Awards 2019
Fiction Awards 2019
Bonus Chapter:7 You are just jealous.
Bonus Chapter:8 The Shopping
Bonus Chapter: 9 My Abigail
Something Extra
Bonus Chapter: 10 It's Time
Bonus Chapter: 11 Being A Dad
Bonus Chapter: 12 My cute little, Pooper
It's Complicated is now on Inkitt, too.
Bonus Chapter: 13 Pajama Party
Bonus Chapter: 14 I Told You So
Bonus Chapter: 15 Bloody vultures!
Bonus Chapter: 16 Lil Gentleman
New Announcement!
New Story Is Up!
🎊Celebrations Time!🎊
Please Read!
Announcement
It All Started With I Do (New Story)

Chapter: 65 Playroom

79.2K 2.7K 192
By ambivertreader

Nathan's POV

My eyes slowly flutter open, momentarily I feel disoriented and wary of my surrounding. Then my eyes land on the sleeping figure of my beautiful wife. She looks so peaceful and carefree, only I wish she can be this carefree when she is awake too. 

Her chest rising and falling in small breaths, as her eyes sometimes lightly flutter behind her closed eyelids, giving the impression that her eyes will snap open the next moment. But, she never even once stir in her sleep, for which I am glad, as it means she is not having any nightmares.

She is sleeping on her side, tightly hugging her pillow, mirroring her position I turn onto my side and leaned on my elbow resting my head on my hand as I watch her. Wisps of hair falling on her face, her shirt has been ridden up giving the glimpse of the curve of her waist, as she has kicked off the covers sometime during her sleep. My eyes fixed on the bare skin of her waist. 

Hey, I am not a pervert!

My eyebrows pulled in together when my eyes run over some light scars on the side of her waist. My body tense, when I realize these scars are remnant of her accident. Narrowing my eyes I look intently at the painful marks caused by the shreds of glass. Although scars are not prominent but can be seen when you look closely.

I swallow and gently run my fingers on them, my fingers barely touching her skin, as the scenes from that night flash through my mind making my stomach churn painfully.

I run my hand across my face and take a few deep breaths trying to calm the unsettling feeling stirring inside me, as I lay on my back staring at the ceiling. I can't bring myself to imagine what must have gone through her in those moments. 

The beautiful moment when I realized my love for her, is the same moment which will haunt me for the rest of my life. 

My throat feels thick with emotions, as I reminisce the pain of losing her. 

The urge to have her in my arms is so strong that, without even thinking twice, I pull her into my arms making her awake. 

She frowns, then she looks at me with her tired sleep filled eyes.

"What happened?" she whispers sleepily as she blinks attempting to clear the sleep from her eyes.

"Nothing," I just manage to say, through my constricting throat.

Her gaze finds mine, she looks more awake now, as she stares at me looking unconvinced. It is strange that, even in her sleepy state, she picks up something is bothering me just by the sound of my voice. 

"Just had a nightmare," I sigh as an understanding passes through her eyes, "I am sorry, I disturbed your sleep," I clench my eyes controlling my emotions.

Her eyes lingering on my face for longer than a moment, I am trying damn hard to keep my emotions at bay, then she gives me a small but unconvinced smile.

"It is okay," she smiles, "Do you want water?"

"No," I shake my head, "Can I hold you while sleeping?" I swallow hard to keep my voice from shaking.

Her response is a slight nod of her head, as she gets into a comfortable position. I wound my arms around her frame, after a moment she wraps her arm around my torso, instantly calming effect spreads over me. 

I can never get enough of this wonderful feeling of her, wrapped securely, in my arms.

"Nathan," she softly says, her warm breath fanning across my skin, "I will always be with you, and will be there for you, as long as you want me to be." 

"How does forever sound?" Running my fingers through her hair I ask her in a quiet voice, not wanting to disturb the peaceful silence engulfing us.

"Perfect," she lightly chuckles and snuggles into my chest.

How it is possible for her to try to put rest to my biggest fear, of her leaving me, without even knowing about it, is beyond my thinking.

"I may be strong enough to survive without you, but I am not strong enough to live without you," she sighs.

"I don't want to be without you, again," I say kissing her head.

"Then you won't have to be," she assures me and tightens her hold on me.

"Go to sleep, baby," I whisper trying to blink away the moisture from my eyes, while I inhale the fruity scent of her shampoo. 

Closing my eyes I allow myself to relax, then after sometime sleep takes over me.

************************************************************

I frown when I feel the other side of the bed empty and the coldness of the sheets insinuates that she has been awake for a while. Running a hand, back and forth, over my head I sit up leaning against the headrest of the bed. I pick up my phone from the bedside, my eyes shot open when I notice the time. It is almost afternoon and I never sleep in, this late. But it can be possible as last night was the first night I slept properly in a few days. 

My eyes wander in the dimly lit room, dark curtains are drawn on the windows making impossible for the sunlight to reach inside. Maybe that is why I didn't notice what time it is. 

Throwing the away the covers I stand up and stretch my arms above my head as I make my way towards the bathroom. After taking the shower, I dress into my previous night clothes, as I don't have any other option.

I hear a faint voice when I reach the bedroom door, stepping outside the room I stroll into the living room where Abigail is talking to someone on the phone while noting down something on the notepad.

Noticing my approach Abigail turns to me. A gorgeous and carefree smile adorns her face, a smile which is only reserved for me. And man, that makes me feel like one lucky bastard.

Slipping my hands in my pocket I walk towards her.

"Okay, but inform me before delivering it," she nods at whatever the other person as if he can see her, "Okay, thank you," she ends the call.

"Did you sleep well?" she asks scooting over to slightly on the other side making space for me.

"Yeah, I did," I lean against the wall, "But why didn't you wake me up? What if I had some important work in the morning?" I arch an eyebrow teasingly.

"You were sleeping so soundly, that I didn't want to wake you and I know you might haven't slept properly in a while so I let you sleep in," she shrugs, "Moreover, other than burdening any poor soul with lots of work, you don't have anything else to do," her tone mocking.

"Why did you wake up early?" I arch an eyebrow.

"Well, I have work to do," leaning forward towards the coffee table, she picks up the opened laptop, "I am not idle like you, neither I have someone to do my work, " her tone teasing, while her eyes on the screen.

"I see," I slowly nod, and sit beside her. 

I grab her from her waist and pull her into my lap, as she loudly yelps. She tries to get off from my lap, but I held her down.

"What are you doing?" she says slightly annoyed.

"I am just enjoying my idleness, and troubling a so-called poor soul like you," I shrug and place my chin on her shoulder, as I narrow my eyes at the laptop screen, "What are you doing?" 

"Oh, I just finished the report and now I am finding some new kid-friendly recipes for Hannah," she says excitedly forgetting her previous annoyance.

"And did you find anything interesting?" Closing my eyes I inhale her scent, mixed with the scent of her lavender shower gel.

"Yeah, tons of recipes," she picks up the notepad and shows it to me, "But I noted only a few of them."

I love to listen to her talk, even if it is about random things. Shine in her eyes when she talks about something which interests her or the slight rise in her voice when she speaks enthusiastically, everything about her draws me more towards her.

"What are your plans for today?" I ask her as my stomach growls making me embarrassed.

"Nothing, maybe binge watching Grey's Anatomy," she laughs, "But before that let's eat," she stands up.

"You don't have any problem in eating spaghetti and meatballs, right?" she asks over her shoulder as she walks into the kitchen.

"No."

Honestly, I am feeling so hungry that I will not mind eating anything which is edible. 

Not trying to be clingy, after patiently waiting for five minutes and forty seconds, I decided to follow her into the kitchen. 

What! I like being around her and I have waited for five minutes and forty- no now fifty seconds for her.

I hoisted myself on the countertop and watch her as she removes the cover and stirs something in the pot while humming to herself. Aroma of delicious spaghetti sauce fills the air making my stomach churn in hunger. 

All of this seems so normal, me and her in our small world away from everything else. If it is in my hand I would never want to get out of this world. But as it is practically impossible, so I want to enjoy every single moment with her whenever I can.

After five minutes now we are sitting on the small dining table, in the center of the kitchen, as I devour the mouth-watering food. As we talk about everything and anything in general.

"You learn cooking from Beth?" I ask her as I take a forkful of spaghetti.

"I learned baking from Mom, but cooking, I somewhat learned myself by trying different recipes," she runs her finger over the rim of the glass of water.

"Yourself?" I frown not understanding what does she mean.

"Mom, don't have much time to cook, but she often bakes in her free time as she loves baking. On the other hand, I started cooking to keep my mind busy," she purses her lips, "Earlier, it was just a distraction, but then gradually I started to enjoy it," she shrugs.

"Whenever I see, you are mostly doing something, means I have never seen you free," pushing the empty plate away, I lean back on the chair, "You immerse yourself in work to keep your mind occupied?" 

"Yeah, I am also a human and things do affect me," she sounds a bit distant, "so I have to do something to keep myself sane," she laughs, but the laugh sounds so hollow and empty.

"Keeping myself busy was one way not to let negative thoughts invade my mind," she plays with the fabric of the table cloth, "But now I am used to being busy, so it is just out of habit," she shrugs and smiles.

I like when she shares something about herself, openly, with me. I feel like she trusts me to be herself with me, and that is what I want... 

"Want to see what I am doing with the spare room?" she shakes her head as if clearing her thoughts and stands up.

"Yeah, but I am slightly skeptical," following her action I ask her while standing.

"Skeptical, why?" she frowns in confusion.

"What if you are turning it into a playroom with the red color?" I smirk and teasingly ask her, to break the earlier solemn mood.

Her head snaps up to me... shock is written all over her face, then her face settles into a neutral expression. The expression which clearly scares me and obviously making me regret to tease her.

"As you already have the idea what I might have, in that room...chains, handcuffs, whips, canes and much more," she takes a step closer to me as her expression impassive, "So, do not try to mess with me...again, as you would be hanging upside down with chains in that red playroom," she smirks, making me swallow.

"And I won't leave you alone there also," she smiles and slowly shakes her head, "I will lock you inside with Amanda so she can thoroughly catch up with you," she says and burst out laughing.

"Sometimes you are scary and I really get scared of you," I laugh and shake my head.

"As a husband, you should be scared of me," she points her finger at me, a smile playing on her lips.

"Okay," stepping closer to her, I trap her between me and the kitchen countertop, "But don't you think there are some other things which I should do as a husband, other than being scared of my wife," I say slowly, as I look into her perplexed eyes.

"Like what?"

"Like this," I lightly run my fingers from her wrist to her shoulder, making her eyes widen in shock.

"I... I...," she stammers, "I think I should show you the room," she looks everywhere but me.

"I think I should show you, what other things I have in my mind," Leaning forward I say into her ear. 

She inhales a sharp breath when I keep my hands on her waist and slightly slips my fingers into the hem of her shirt, lightly grazing her skin. I slowly kiss her jaw making her stiffen.

"Nathan," she breathes and keeps her hands on my chest.

"Hmm?" I respond still lightly kissing her jaw.

"What are you doing?" she closes her eyes and swallows visibly.

"This," I whisper against her skin as I move from her jaw to neck, feathering her skin with small kisses.

She loudly gasps when I slip my hand under her shirt and lightly stroke the small of her back, feeling the smooth skin beneath my hand. I pull her flush against me as her breathing quicken, but it is nowhere near my rapid heartbeats. 

I brush my lips against her collarbone as she tightly holds the front of my shirt in her fists. Want to feel her lips against mine, overcomes me and acting on my instinct I lean away to capture her lips with mine.

My heart going crazy in my chest, as I kiss her. Once I got the feeling of her soft lips, now with every kiss we share, the need to kiss her intensifies. Our lips perfectly moving in sync, as our kiss is filled with the passion and the love that we both feel for each other. 

We both pull away from each other at the same time. Both of us breathless from our kiss. 

Her eyes closed and mine fixed on her. 

Our moment is rudely interrupted when my phone rings in my pocket. Staring at the floor she tries to step back but her movement is blocked by the countertop behind her. I take out the phone from my pocket and before answering the phone I take a deep breath.

"Hello," I clear my throat and answer.

"Ok, I will be there," I reply curtly after a moment, feeling slightly annoyed, and hang up the call.

"There is some important work which I have to handle, so I have to go," I sigh and run my hand through my hair in frustration.

"Okay," she nods. Her voice is soft as she is still staring at the floor, not meeting my eyes.

My annoyance slightly fades when I notice the beautiful pink tinge on her cheeks which brings a smile on my face. 

She looks so beautiful when she blushes.

"I am sorry my wife, I have to leave now," I caress her cheek with my knuckles, "But as a husband, I promise to continue this later," I say teasingly, as her cheeks become more red if that is even possible.

I quickly kiss her cheek and leave her blushing feverously, before I change my mind. 

********************************************************************

Thank you for reading. If you like this chapter then, please don't forget to vote, comment, or share.

P.S. bookfriend17 don't forget to take Glucophage after reading this chapter. I think you will surely need an anti-diabetic after reading this. 😂😂😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3.3K 35
"Don't leave." he takes my hand in his and looks me in the eyes that are full of different emotions now and I can't help but stare back, I don't want...
1.3K 90 20
"Oh, so you really are becoming your dad then?" 'Yeah, maybe I am. Got a problem with it?' ... This married couple is having some issues, like all ma...
7M 183K 78
~◆~ "We have no other choice than to marry you off to Mr. Knight's grandson, Jacob." I looked up at my parents in shock "What! you guys are joking ri...
8.6K 812 31
First book of the 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 "𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲" What will happen when two souls who hates one another are asked to be Together Forever? 𝗜𝘀�...