tanaka ryuunosuke | i love your height (request)

requested by: @The_softest_drink
thank you for the request :)

tanaka ryuunosuke

enjoy :)

—————

"if you don't love yourself,you won't recognize whensomeone else does

you won't recognize when
someone else does."

— bridgett devoue

—————

shit, you're hot.

those were the three words tanaka thought when he saw you. he saw you in his first year orientation and he couldn't stop staring. you were just unbelievably hot. you stood out from the rest of the crowd due to your tall height. your head towered over nearly almost everyone else's. you leaned on one of your legs and crossed your arms as you unamusingly listened to the school principal's words.

tanaka wanted to talk to you so badly. but he was intimidated by your towering height. all he could was admire you from far and watch you interact with other men, making him jealous and annoyed.

when he saw you in his class on the first day of school, he thought it was fate. you were assigned to sit next to him, and he took this chance to start a conversation with you. when he sat next to you, you craned your head towards him and smiled.

"hi, i'm y/n," you greeted. he felt his cheeks turning red as he started trembling with excitement. even sitting down, you were extremely tall. your head was above his, and he had to look slightly up to match your gaze.

"h-hi, i'm tanaka ryuunosuke!" he stuttered as he shyly looked away from your gaze.

"nice to meet you, tanaka," you smiled. he flushed red and mumbled a small "you too," as he scratched his head shyly.

the two of your friendship blossomed. you would always be the one to strike the conversation because tanaka was always nervous around you. at first, you thought it was because he was scared of you. so when you asked him if he was scared, he instantly declined and answered how he was just amazed by your beauty.

ever since then, you would go to tanaka and walk around the halls with him. during lunch, passing period, or after class, the two of you would walk around school and talk about the most random things.

well, it was mostly you talking and him responding to you by stuttering.

"hey, tanaka," you called as you walked beside him. "can i wait for you until your volleyball practice ends? i want to walk home with you today."

tanaka's heart almost flew out of his mouth when you asked him. "y-you want t-to wait f-for m-me?"

you smiled. "of course," you answered. even with your height towering over him, he found you adorable and charming in your own way. you were always smiling around him and laughing at his jokes, whether they were funny or not. slowly, he found himself being attracted to not only your body, but your personality as well.

while others found you intimidating, he found you enthusiastic and vibrant. sometimes, he would have to calm his heart down when you talked because you were just too attractive to him. he found himself feeling special because you would always talk to him first, greet him first, and smile at him first.

you waited for tanaka's volleyball practice to end. you stood outside the gymnasium and patiently waited for him to walk out the doors. your smile brightened when you saw his familiar short, fuzzy hair.

"tanaka!" tanaka quickly faced you and blushed when you waved at him. you quickly ran up to him. "how was practice?"

"i-it was. . . fine," he answered, looking towards the side. you smiled at his shyness. you giggled and continued walking.

"you know, i was super insecure about my height when i entered high school," you suddenly said. tanaka looked at you surprised. he had always thought you loved your height. you always looked confident and smiled everywhere you went. he had never thought you would be the type to have insecurities at all.

"y-you were?"

"yeah, but after meeting you, i slowly found myself loving it."

tanaka stopped walking. "me?"

"you made me love my height, tanaka," you confessed. "so, i'm glad that you're a part of my life."

his cheeks turned bright red. "i loved your height, and i still do!" he exclaimed.

you looked down at him and smiled. "thank you."

you looked up at the sky. "if you weren't there, i would probably be looking at myself in the mirror, wishing to be smaller or shorter. but tanaka, you changed me. so, thank you."

"i-it's nothing!" he stuttered as he walked to your side and held your hands. "i'll repeat it a million times more if you want! i love your height, and i also love you!"

you blinked. after realizing what he had just said, he covered his mouth in shock.

"wait, the last part was- AHHHH!"

without realizing, your cheeks were bright red. no one had ever told you that they liked you. they were always intimidated by your height and preferred someone "shorter." you felt your stomach flutter. you clenched your hands tightly.

"say the last part again," you whispered. "you said you would repeat it a million times."

tanaka blushed. "i like you, y/n."

a small smile curved up your lips as you grabbed his hands. tanaka looked at you surprised. you were blushing as you took a deep breath.

"i like you too, tanaka."

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: how tall are you?