hoshiumi kourai | soulmates (request)

requested by: @KolReads
thank you for the request 🥰❤️

hoshiumi kourai

enjoy :)

—————

"you won't meet your soulmate until you're both ready to say hello to forever

until you're both ready to say
hello to forever."

— mark anthony

—————

SOULMATES

your soulmate's first words to
you are written on your skin
when you turn sixteen

"you should smile more, it suits you."

the moment you woke up on your sixteenth birthday, those words were written under your chest. you felt your heart flutter just by tracing the words with your fingertips.

it meant something special to you when someone complimented your smile.

you had always been insecure about your smile. your smile was crooked and showed your non-aligned teeth. whenever strangers smiled at you when you passed them, you would simply ignore them and look away.

people who had pretty smiles made you jealous.

so having your soulmate's first words complimenting your smile made you feel all giddy and delightful.

but what were the chances of you meeting your soulmate?

there were times when you would meet someone for the first time, who would compliment your smile. their compliments about your smile made you feel happy, but not being from your soulmate made you a bit sad.

"hey, i like your smile."

"hey cutie, you should smile more."

"you should smile more."

you arrived at your classroom and sat down at your seat as usual. your classmates were all excited about having a new transfer student, but you didn't really care.

it's just another student? why are they making such a big deal out of it?

"hey y/n, did you hear about the new transfer student?" your friend asked you.

"no, why? is he famous?"

"he's a well-known volleyball player, and i heard he's been to nationals. isn't that so cool?"

you rested your chin on your palm and looked out the window. you saw a boy with spiky white hair entering the school building.

"hmm, that's cool," you mumbled.

"right, and apparently he's going to be in our class! i can't wait to see him!!"

the class quickly got quiet when the teacher walked into the room. you could sense the excitement from your classmates as the teacher started introducing the new student.

"okay, hoshiumi-san, can you please come into the classroom?"

a boy with spiky white hair that resembled a bird walked into the classroom with his hands shoved into his pockets. you looked outside as he introduced himself to the rest of your classmates.

"uh, hello. i'm hoshiumi kourai, nice to meet you all."

"hoshiumi-san, can you sit besides y/n? y/n's the one sitting on the very right in the third row. you see that empty seat, yeah, that's your seat."

you sighed as he sat next to you. the two of you didn't bother introducing or greeting each other. you ignored him, and he did the same to you.

"oh yeah, y/n, can you guide hoshiumi around the school during lunch? thanks," your teacher didn't bother hearing your reply and began starting her lesson.

lunch arrived much quicker than you thought it would. your classmates surrounded hoshiumi the second the bell rang, and you decided to guide him through the school after he finished his lunch. you stood up from your seat to go to the bathroom. but when you came back, hoshiumi was gone from his seat.

"hey, do you know where hoshiumi went?" you asked your classmate.

"oh, he just left. i think he went to the volleyball gymnasium."

"oh, okay. thanks."

when you arrived at the gymnasium, the sight in front of you made you speechless. hoshiumi was jumping above the volleyball net.

it gave you goosebumps down your arm. he was short, but he could jump high. you had never seen a person jump as high as him. while you were admiring his jump form, a ball came flying towards you at an incredible speed.

"watch out!"

you were hit by a volleyball in the face, causing you to fall onto your back.

"oh shit, fuck."

you slowly stood up and touched your head. hoshiumi ran towards you, worried about you. he was the one who had spiked the ball towards you. he hadn't noticed that you were standing there. he was expecting you to start crying or to get angry at him, but when loud laughter came out of your lips, it surprised him.

you must've hit your head hard because you didn't even know why you were laughing. you were just shocked at how strong his spike was. you had never expected a short guy like him to be able to hit a ball so hard.

when your laughter slowly died, you looked at hoshiumi, who was staring at you blankly. when you were about to say something, he cut you off with the words you had always wanted to hear.

"you should smile more, it suits you."

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: have you watched attack on titan?

—————