tanaka ryuunosuke | cafe (request)

requested by: @SpringSh0wers
thank you for the request ✨💛😊

tanaka ryuunosuke

enjoy :)

—————

"he looked at herthe way all womenwant to be lookedat by a man

"he looked at her
the way all women
want to be looked
at by a man."

— f. scott fitzgerald

—————

the pleasant aroma of coffee filled your nostrils as you slipped on your apron and tied your hair into a ponytail. you started the day off by making yourself a refreshing drink of coffee. recently, the days have been getting colder, so the customers have been ordering lots of hot, cozy drinks.

working at a coffee shop was frabjous. most of the customers were very polite and nice, and even when you got their orders wrong, they didn't get angry or make a big fuss. you enjoyed exchanging conversations with customers and greeting them with a smile.

even when your day wasn't the best, meeting customers and making coffee for them filled your heart with ease.

the cafe you worked at was aesthetically pleasing. the white ceiling was tall and had clear, crystal pendant lights hanging from it. the tables and chairs were a wooden color and green plants were settled in every table, counter, and corner. one of the reasons why you chose to work here was due to its pleasant interior design. you fell in love with it at first sight and had always wanted to work here ever since you graduated high school.

the employees here were always welcoming and friendly. they would sometimes help you with your college assignments and projects, and they didn't mind if you were too busy with school and couldn't make it to your shift. they always encouraged you to take things easy and get plenty of rest.

"welcome to (cafe's name)!" you greeted as a group of young college students walked into the cafe. "what can i get for you today?"

after taking their orders, you quickly went to the espresso machine and started making. a wide grin curved up as the coffee beans started grinding into fine particles. the fresh, cozy smell of coffee started filling the cafe as you poured the espresso shot into a cup. you poured in steamed milk and milk foam on top and decorated it with chocolate powder.

after finishing all the orders you settled the coffee onto a small wooden board and placed it on the white counter. you smiled brightly as the customers grabbed their own drinks and whispered a small "thank you."

the day went quickly when you served and made coffee. it was already almost the end of your shift, and the sun was starting to settle down. the door swung wide open and your eyes sparkled as you noticed who walked in.

"ryuu!" you called out as he rushed over to the counter and gave you a warm embrace.

his nose was bright red and a red fluffy scarf was wrapped around his neck. he wore a black beanie and a black jacket. his hands were freezing cold when you held them in your hands.

tanaka ryuunosuke was the person you were currently dating. the two of you were in college and you happened to meet and become friends with him because he took the same major as you. he liked to visit your work and walk you back home, listening to how your day went.

he loved how your eyes would sparkle every time he walked into the cafe and how you would call his name out in excitement. he didn't care if there were other customers in the coffee shop, but he had to give you a tight hug every time he walked in. it was a necessity.

"y/n!!" he grinned as he slowly let you go from the hug. "i missed you!!"

"i missed you too, ryuu!" you replied back. "i'm almost done with my shift, so can you wait for me for a bit?"

"okay! take your time!"

tanaka took a seat at a random table where he could see you perfectly. he would smile every time he made eye contact with you and you would grin widely, waving at him. after finishing the last order, you took off your apron and untied your hair, letting it flow freely.

you went into the employee's room and zipped on your jacket and the matching scarf tanaka and you wore. you made a warm drink for him before walking up to him.

"ryuu, here's a drink for you. it's your favorite vanilla latte!" you handed him his drink as he grinned contentedly.

"thank you, y/n!!"

after saying bye to your coworkers, you walked out the door with tanaka, who was patiently waiting for you while sipping on his drink.

"let's go home, ryuu!"

tanaka grinned as he held your hands in his and put them in his pocket so that your hands wouldn't get cold. he held his drink in his other hand as the two of you walked in the shivering cold weather, talking and laughing with each other.

he usually doesn't like walking in the cold, but today, he enjoyed it because you were there with him.

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: what's your go-to Starbucks order?

—————