miya osamu | hanahaki disease (part 2)

the continuation from the previous chapter !!

miya osamu

hope you enjoy :)

—————

"...and, yeah, she loved him,
but she kept pretending she didn't
because she knew he didn't
love her the same."

— e. grin

—————

HANAHAKI DISEASE

a disease where a patient begins coughing up flower petals because they have unrequited feelings for someone. it is a slow and painful disease that develops over a span of months, if not years. it grows more intense until the patient is coughing up entire flowers. the only way for the disease to be cured is for the person to return the feelings or through surgery. but with surgery, the feelings disappear along with the petals. if the patient's feelings aren't returned or if they don't get surgery, they will die.

your eyes snapped open. the white ceiling stared back at you as you looked up. your head was throbbing. you laid down on your side as you closed your eyes once again and tried ignoring the pain rooted deep in your head. you could hear a pair of footsteps walking up the stairs when you slowly fluttered open your eyelids. you were blinded by the lights suddenly turning on and groaned as the pain throbbed violently.

"y/n?" it was your mother's voice. she had entered your room to check up on you. she settled her warm hand against your forehead, checking for your temperature. "did you sleep well?"

you nodded as her fingers softly swept a strand of hair behind your ears.

"i made a doctor's appointment later today. so today, just get some rest," your mom said as she kissed your forehead as you nodded.

. . .

"you have the hanahaki disease," the doctor announced.

"the hanahaki disease?" you asked.

"yes, it's not a common disease, but if you do have it, it is very painful. i'm sure you have already experienced some of the symptoms. but it's a disease where you end up coughing up blood and flowers because you have an unrequited feeling for someone," the doctor explained. "but, it is curable with surgery, but you will end up losing feelings for that person. the other way to get it cured is for your feelings to get returned."

the room was filled with silence as you took in the information. the world came crashing down on you as you held onto your hands tightly.