hinata shouyo | sunshine

hinata shouyo

enjoy :)

—————

"you live but once;you might as well be amusing

"you live but once;
you might as well
be amusing."

— coco chanel

—————

hinata shouyo was a ball of sunshine, always spreading positive vibes and delectation everywhere he went. he always had a large grin on his face, unless he had just failed a test or missed his serve and accidentally hit kageyama with a volleyball.

unlike you, he was bright. he naturally attracted people with his cheerfulness and jocularity. simply standing next to him brightened up people's day.

on the other hand, you were quiet. you were that one student who would sit in the back of the classroom reading a book or doodling on a piece of paper. you didn't have a lot of friends, but you had a few you could trust.

one of them was hinata.

he was an extrovert and you were an introvert. he would be the one always talking about his day, and you were always the one listening to him. most of the times, he would rant about volleyball and you enjoyed it. the large grin on his face when he talked about his spikes made you smile.

well, basically anything he talked about made you smile.

"(y/n)-chan," shouyo calls out as he takes a seat next to you and pulls out his lunchbox. "i had a practice match against nekoma yesterday and i met so many good players! ahh i can't wait until i beat them!"

you knew hinata was an exceptional volleyball player. he would always make you attend his meets and would always give you a thumbs up every time he made a point. there were many times when you would be confounded by his amazing jump skills.

"i'm sure you will beat them, shouyo," you state as you plop a piece of sausage into your mouth and closed your book, focusing on hinata's rants. "you're an amazing volleyball player."

"really?! do you really think so?" he asks. his eyes were wide open as he couldn't hide his large grin that was plastered on his face. "if you say so, then i'm confident i'm going to beat them!"

a small chuckle leaves your lips as you continue chewing the piece of sausage in your mouth. his face suddenly turns somewhat solemn as he looks at the blackboard.

"(y/n)-chan, what should i do? i got a 4 out of 100 on the midterm," he states showing you his test paper full of red markings.