akaashi keiji | thank you for loving me (request)

requested by: erinchann
thank you for the request :)

akaashi keiji

enjoy :)

—————

"you were you, and i was i;we were two, before our time

we were two, before our time.
i was yours, before i knew;
and you have always been mine too."

— lang leav

—————

it all started on valentine's day.

him confessing his love to you. sharing his first kiss with you. holding your hands for the first time. becoming your boyfriend.

everything started on valentine's day.

he had told you to wait for him after practice, so that he could walk you home like he always did. you did like he told you. it was the middle of february, and it was extremely cold. you stood outside, snuggling into your scarf that was wrapped around your neck tightly. you breathed into your hands, warming them up.

no matter how cold it was, you still waited for akaashi.

not because he told you to, but because you wanted to. you enjoyed his company and slowly throughout the months, you found yourself falling for him. he was always supportive of you and caring. you loved hearing his "good morning" and "see you tomorrow." he sometimes brought you coffee during the weekends and it always made your day to see his smile.

you just couldn't get enough of him.

you thought about him when you fell asleep. it made you excited to go to school because he was there. seeing his smile made your heart flutter and even your fingers brushing against his made the butterflies in your stomach dance.

you were expecting him to go on a date with one of the girls who handed him a chocolate during the day. but when he told you to wait for him, you couldn't stop the smile from creeping up your face. 

just like the other girls, you had also made him chocolate. you were planning on giving it to him during the day. but you just couldn't find the right timing. you were either interrupted by other girls or by his best friend, bokuto.

"okay, i have to hand him this chocolate," you whispered as you looked at the chocolate in your bag. a smile curved up your lips by just thinking about him.

"Y/N!! AKAASHI GOT INJURED!!" you heard bokuto scream. "HE WON'T STOP CRYING!!"

your smile instantly fell and you ran towards the volleyball gymnasium. you were expecting akaashi to be badly hurt. but he was completely fine. he was standing on his own two feet with his arms behind his back. there were no tears streaming down his chin or the look of pain on his face.

"are you hurt, akaashi?" you asked, walking up to him.

he cleared his throat. "i'm fine. bokuto-san was just over exaggerating. i just tripped," he replied.

"oh, that's good. i thought you had to go to the hospital or something," you said, your smile curving up your lips. "are you almost done with practice?"

"y-yeah, i'm done with practice," he stuttered. "uh y/n?"

you tilted your head. "yeah?"

"uh, i know i'm super awkward and i'm not that good at expressing my feelings with words or actions, but you're really special to me. so. . . you know. . . will you be my valentine?" he asked, revealing a bouquet of flowers from behind and a teddy bear.

bokuto was sniffling in the back, while the other teammates tried to prevent him from sobbing loudly. you blinked and blinked again, until realization hit you. your cheeks flushed red as you covered your mouth with your hands in shock.

"w-wait me?!"

"of course you, who else?"

you turned bright red as you tried to hide your blush, making akaashi smile. your small actions were all adorable to akaashi and everything you did made his heart flutter. he could still feel his heart thumping loudly as he waited for your reply.

you slowly took out the chocolate from your bag. it was neatly wrapped in a white box, tied with a red ribbon. you quickly turned away when you met with his gaze as you handed him the box in a timid manner.

his eyes widened in surprise. he wasn't expecting you to hand him chocolate for valentine's day. his heart thumped louder as he watched you become even more flushed. he bit his own lips to prevent himself from smiling too widely.

"i. . . wanted to hand this to you, but i couldn't find the right timing."

"for me? why?" akaashi asked. he knew the reason why, but he wanted to hear the words from your own mouth.

"w-why you ask? because. . . i like you," you mumbled. akaashi's lips grew wider as he took a step closer to you. you looked up and smiled back. he sighed as he wrapped his arms around you.

"you really make me go insane," he whispered.

"AKAASHI IS ALL GROWN UP!! LOOK AT HIM!!" bokuto yelled as he sobbed in the back. "I WANT TO JOIN THE HUG TOO!!"

that was a few years ago, and now he was watching you walk down the aisle in a white dress. he could hear his own heart thumping loudly as he covered his mouth to prevent sobs from coming out. a tear streamed down his face when you stood in front of him.

he was really the luckiest man alive.

after exchanging vows and rings, you wiped his tears away for him. you didn't expect him to be so emotional. you smiled when he wrapped his arms around your waist and brought you closer to him. his cheeks were flushed as he leaned his head towards you. you brought your hands to his shoulders and looked into his eyes. he tilted his face and pressed his lips onto yours as he closed his eyes.

"thank you for loving me."

_____

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: what's the first thing you do in the morning?