kageyama tobio | reunion (request)

requested by: rqinlust
thank you for the request!! ✨🥺💛

kageyama tobio

enjoy :)

—————

"when you love someone,their name itself becomes an emotion

their name itself becomes an emotion."

— shilpa goel

—————

under the blazing sun, kageyama and you were tossing the volleyball to each other. both of you were in second grade and were childhood best friends. you guys were like siblings: annoying the crap out of each other, playing with each other, and loving each other.

trails of sweat slipped down your forehead. you caught the ball with two hands, instead of setting it back to the boy in front of you. he tilted his head in confusion.

"tobio," you stated, looking at your childhood best friend in front of you. "when we grow up, we're still going to be friends right?"

the boy with short black hair looked at you with his eyebrows knotted. The sun was slowly setting, painting the endless sky with shades of orange and pink.

"what are you talking about? of course, we are!" he stated. "why wouldn't we?"

you clutched onto the volleyball tighter as you started crying. warm tears were starting to trail down your cheeks, surprising the young male.

"because... i'm going to be moving somewhere far away from here," you quietly mumbled as you tried to wipe your warm tears away with the sleeves of your shirt.

"why are you crying, you idiot!" the dark blue-eyed boy yelled, walking over to you and trying to calm you down. a sudden burst of cries left your lips as countless trails of tears came rushing out of your eyes.

"because that means I won't be able to play with you anymore. i'm going to go somewhere far away, and you're probably going to forget me."

kageyama looked at you with sorrow in his eyes. he grabbed both of your hands tightly and looked into your eyes.

"i won't forget you!"

you looked at his sapphire eyes and instantly stopped crying. you dropped the ball and clutched onto his hands as if they were your favorite stuffed animal.

"you promise?"

"i promise."

"you won't forget me?"

"i won't."

kegeyama held onto your hands and pulled you closer into a warm embrace. he softly patted your back as your tears came running down continuously. he promised, and he was keeping that promise.