ushijima wakatoshi | serious

ushijima wakatoshi

enjoy :)

—————

"just a girl growing wings

"just a girl growing wings."

— butterflies rising

—————

people knew ushijima wakatoshi as the serious, solemn, and intimidating volleyball player. he always had a straight face and never showed any emotions, unless it was for volleyball. at school, he always had a domineering aura encircling him and whenever people would greet him, he simply nodded.

he didn't have lots of friends, but he had a few he trusted and valued, although most of them were his volleyball teammates. students in the same classroom were always too frightened by his presence and couldn't have the guts to talk to him.

if anyone heard that the stern and poker-face ushijima wakatoshi smiled at a girl, they would laugh and pretend they didn't hear it; simply because it was unbelievable. but, it was true.

he had a soft spot for you, (y/n).

unlike ushijima wakatoshi, you were known to have a sanguine and ebullient personality, always full of energy. you were like a ball of sunshine, greeting people in the hallways with a large smile and jumping around the room, talking to all sorts of people.

people surrounded you because of your extroverted and blithesome atmosphere. you had a loud, clear voice that attracted lots of people and your laugh was loud enough to attract people from the other room.

many people always wondered why the stiff and tranquil ushijima and the strident you were dating. but you always answered with "opposite attracts" with a large beam on your face.

you've always admired ushijima. he was always quiet, sitting in the seat behind you, either reading a book or a volleyball magazine. you've never been able to shut your mouth, which was both an acceptable and substandard trait of yours.

one day, in the middle of lunch break, you saw ushijima reading a book that was one of your favorites. you couldn't help but squeal and have a smile plastered on your face as you faced behind you, catching the attention of ushijima.

his dark olive eyes made contact with yours as he looked at you with a straight face. he returned his attention to the book, simply ignoring your sprightly smile. a giggle left your lips as ushijima disregarded you.

"hey, isn't that book good?" you asked, pointing your index finger at the book. his eyes slowly were torn away from the book and landed on your index finger.

he simply nodded before returning his gaze on the words that were written on the book. a wider smile grew in your lips as ushijima continued reading.

you were surprised by his sternness and stoicalness. you never got to hear his voice even though you sat near him, and every time you would try to talk to him, his volleyball friends would come over to take him away.

"ushijima-kun, you don't smile as much, do you?" you simply ask, resting yourself arms on your chair. he looked away from the book and stared at you with those unemotional eyes. "i heard you were a really good volleyball player."

he stared at you with his eyebrows slightly scrunched as you tilted your head to the side with the same wide smile on your face. he was utterly confused about why you were talking to him and why you couldn't leave him and let him read in peace. but when the word volleyball left your lips, his attention was focused on you.

"i've actually seen you play before. your serves went wabam and kaboom! and your spikes went shabam and boom! how do you do that?!" you ask with excitement and sparkles surrounding you.

"you just do it," ushijima answers with a stoic expression. you sweatdrop at his answer as you laugh with amusement. the sudden laughter surprised ushijima as he closed the cover of his book, staring at you.

"well then, if i were to spike a volleyball right now, would it be as good as yours?"

"of course not. there's no way you could spike as good as me."

this brought more amusement to you, as your laughter became louder. you stood up from your chair and settled your palm of your hands on his desk.

"then, why don't you teach me how to spike a volleyball, so then i can be as good as you," you exclaim with an amused grin.

you knew there was no way you could beat ushijima, but the thought of learning volleyball from the ace of the Shiratorizawa Academy volleyball team brought excitement to you.

"sure," he states. the side of your cheeks were a bit tinted in pink as you saw the edges of his lips slowly lift up. he quickly returned back to his normal emotionless impression, but it didn't stop you from catching his small smile.

"did you just smile?" you ask, curiously.

"no," he quickly states, standing up from his seat.

"yeah, you did!" you exclaim with a wide smirk. "i just saw it. you can't hide from me, ushijima-kun! wai- where are you going?!"

ushijima was already walking out the door when you asked him, catching up to him. you walked beside him, his tall, colossal figure almost being twice the size of yours. every time he took one step, you had to take two steps due to your short legs.

"didn't you want me to teach you volleyball?" he asks, walking towards the direction of the volleyball courts in the gymnasium. a goodly smile appears in your face as a chuckle leaves your lips.

"yeah, ushijima-kun! don't get too salty if i'm better than you," you exclaim, running in the halls, ditching ushijima and arriving at the gymnasium earlier than him.

that was the beginning of both of your friendship, and nobody ever thought you guys would start dating. but it happened, and every time someone talked about how serious ushijima was, you laughed and replied with a sly smile.

"maybe, you just don't know him enough, because he smiles at me every time he sees me."

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: how do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza?

—————

"yOu sHoULd hAvE COmE tO sHirAtOriZaWA"