akaashi keiji | finals (request)

requested by: akaashisgirlfrnd
thank you for the request :)

akaashi keiji

enjoy :)

—————

"she belonged to him, not because it was something he demanded

because it was something
he demanded. but because
it was something she couldn't
help."

— JmStorm

—————

finals was the most dreadful thing.

you would spend months studying the same material over and over again, only to forget everything you've learned when you take the exam. you simply didn't understand why teachers would put questions or materials they never taught during class on an exam that's worth so much of your grade.

watching the test paper being handed out to everyone in the classroom made you distressed by just thinking about it. the sound of pencils scribbling across paper or the moment when your paper tears because you've been erasing too much; everything about finals just made you unpleasant.

you would risk an hour or two studying for an exam, instead of sleeping and taking care of your mental or physical health. your sleep schedule was all over the place and you just didn't care how you looked during finals week.

today was just like any other day. studying until your brain overflows with information. studying until you could feel your eyelids becoming heavy. studying until you end up crying and let your tears fall down onto your notes.

you've been staying home all day, studying for hours and hours.

akaashi, of course, was getting worried about you. you've been neglecting taking care of yourself. you've barely been eating or sleeping, which made akaashi concerned about your health.

he had somehow convinced you to go to the cafe with him to study. he wanted you to get out of your house so that you could take a short break from all that studying you've been doing. but of course, you had decided to bring your laptop and notebooks with you to the cafe.

"y/n, do you want to take a break from studying?" he asked, giving you a concerned look. "i can go get you a drink."

"i'll take one after i finish reading this section," you responded, typing on your laptop.

akaashi sighed as he watched you focus on your studies. he got up from his seat and went towards the barista. he ordered your favorite coffee for you and a drink for him. he watched you study as he waited patiently for the drinks.

after getting the drinks, he walked back to the table and settled the drinks down. he stood behind you as you continued typing on your laptop. he softly grabbed your cheeks and lifted them up, so that you were facing up, towards him.

your fingers stopped typing and slowly reached towards his hands.

"keiji?"

he smiled hearing you call his name out. he gently pressed his lips on your forehead.

"please, y/n. let's take a break. i miss talking to you," he softly mumbled. "i even bought your favorite coffee."

he squished your cheeks together. "please?" he asked, one more time.

a soft giggle left your lips. "yeah, let's do that. i'm sorry for not paying attention to you as much. i think i should let my brain rest today."

akaashi softly brought a strand of hair behind your ear before taking a seat in front of you. a soft grin curved up his lips when he felt your fingers intertwining with his. a large grin crept up your face when you took a sip of your favorite cup of coffee.

"do you like it?" he asked, as you nodded and took another sip. "i'll buy your favorite cup of coffee for you anytime."

"then i'll buy your favorite drink too," you said with a smile. "i don't want you buying everything for me. i want to do something for you too."

"then, remember to drink water, eat, and sleep. your health is the most important for me, okay? don't go days and weeks only eating chewy bars and drinking energy drinks. make sure to eat nutritiously."

"but-"

"okay?" akaashi asked, cutting you off. "i don't want you fainting in the middle of the streets."

you nodded. he gave you a small peck on your lips before giving you a smile.

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: do you hit the snooze button or wake up early?