oikawa tooru | you did well

oikawa tooru

enjoy :)

—————

"if you ever feel lost,find me here,let's breathe the same air

find me here,
let's breathe
the same air."

— perry poetry

—————

the large stadium became dead silent as the volleyball slammed down on the floor and rolled towards the sidelines. the players in the court had sweat trailing down their foreheads, and heavy pants leaving their lips.

everyone had goosebumps forming on their arms as the score read 26-24. no one had ever thought that the fallen crows, karasuno, would beat the puissant blue castle, aoba jōsai. some were too shocked, while others could not comprehend what had just happened.

you were standing right across from karasuno's  team, and you could see the karasuno volleyball players jumping up and down with joyousness and excitement. the teammates were embracing each other with jubilance, high-fiving and jumping on top of each other. there was laughter and smiles on that team.

on the other hand, aoba josai was filled with chagrin and dismalness. the look of disconsolateness was plastered on their faces, their lips quivering and trembling with shock. all of their eyes were wide, some of them glistening due to their tears rolling down.

the world of sports was harsh and dastardly, only allowing one winner.

the amount of time spent practicing, perfecting a technique that seemed impossible. the amount of tears that shed one's eyes because of frustration and disappointment. the amount of sweat that trailed down because of all the training that one had to withstand.

all for one game.

all for one point.

all for one sport.

it was something everyone could relate to. something someone had dedicated so much time to, and yet the feeling of failure falling down onto their shoulders.

you felt your heart rip into pieces as oikawa slapped iwaizumi's back, telling him to get back up. telling him to stand on his two feet, and keep going forward, no matter what.

 telling him to stand on his two feet, and keep going forward, no matter what