oikawa tooru | i hope you're happy (request)

requested by: @11_hMm
thank you for the request :)

oikawa tooru

enjoy :)

—————

"life went on without you

of course, it did. of course,
it does. it was just an ending,
they tell me, not the end."

— lang leav

—————

you were so excited to go home. your boss had let you go home early because it was near the holidays. you had bought some groceries on the way and a small gift for your beloved fiance, oikawa tooru. you were sure he was overworking himself, practicing volleyball until who knows when. you were planning on making him a nutritional meal filled with love.

a smile curved up your face as you put your groceries in the trunk of your car. you turned on your favorite spotify playlist as you started driving home. when you parked in your driveway, you noticed how tooru's car was already parked.

'oh, he must be resting,' you thought as you grabbed the groceries out of your trunk and opened the front door.

"honey?" you called out as you placed the groceries onto the island in your kitchen. you took off your puffer jacket and placed it on the couch. you put the vegetables and meat in the refrigerator. you tied your hair and began cooking salmon and washed some vegetables.

from the smell of your food, oikawa woke up from his slumber and walked towards the kitchen. a small smile curved up his lips as he gave you a hug from behind. he sniffed your hair.

"what are you making?" he asked as snuggled into your hair.

"salmon," you said, giving him a peck on his cheeks. a chuckle left his lips as he slowly dropped his arms and gave you a kiss on your cheeks as well.

"should i help with anything?" he asked, standing next to you as you flipped the salmon.

"can you wash the vegetables?" you asked. "they're in the fridge."

"okay," he said as he opened the fridge and got out the vegetables and some of the milk bread that he saved for later. he went over to the sink and washed some lettuce, cucumbers, bell peppers, broccoli, and tomatoes. he neatly cut them up and placed them in a big bowl. you squeezed some lemon on the salmon and set them on a plate.

"let's eat," you said as you placed the dishes onto the table.

"you were home early today," oikawa said as he placed a piece of salmon into his mouth. "did something good happen at work? you're in a very good mood."

a smile curved up your face. "my boss let me out early today because the holidays are right around the corner. are you going to be busy. . . this christmas?" you asked, looking up at him.