ushijima wakatoshi | future (request)

requested by: milkystars
thank you for the request 🥺❤️🤩

ushijima wakatoshi

enjoy :)

—————

"i will choose you, even when you make me mad

you make me mad. my love for
you won't fade simply because
we are angry.

i know we will fight, we
will be frustrated, we will
be humans. still, i will go to
battle for you.

still, i will choose you.
i will choose you. and keep
choosing you, every
single day."

— marisa donnelly

—————

your smile faded when the volleyball slammed down onto shiratorizawa's court. you stood up from the bench, next to the coaches, with an astonished look as the ball rolled to the side. you tightly clenched onto your clipboard as silence filled the stadium for a short moment.

no one had imagined that the powerhouse shiratorizawa would lose to the fallen crows, karasuno.

loud roads and cheers soon filled the stadium. half of the stadium was crying tears of joy, jumping up and down, and shouting ecstatic and encouraging words towards the karasuno volleyball team. while the other half was filled with despair and frustration.

you looked over at the shiratorizawa volleyball players on the court and your heart started to crack. your boyfriend, ushijima, was staring at the score with a sense of exhaustion and astonishment. the other players were holding back their tears as they walked back to the bench to grab their belongings.

as their manager, you gave each of them towels and their water bottle. you told each and every one of them encouraging words, but when you saw ushijima, you couldn't help the tears that slipped out of your eyelids.

he slightly panicked by the sight of your tears but gently held you in his arms while wiping your tears away with his thumb. even when the coach gathered the team to hold a small meeting, your muffled sobs and tears wouldn't stop. ushijima gently rubbed your back while he listened to coach washijou's words.

you've been with the team all three years of high school, and you've created a special bond with every single member of the team. you've helped them practice and watched them train until late at night. the amount of practice and dedication they had on this sport was astronomical, and it pained to see all the hours of practicing they did ending in one game.

you held onto ushijima's hand as the team walked out of the stadium with heavy hearts. you walked behind him with your forehead resting on his back as he guided you through the crowd, who stared at you two with astonishment.

you were used to the number of stares you got every time you were with ushijima. he was never the type to show lots of facial expression or affection, but you were an exception. so people were always shocked when he would embrace you or kiss your forehead.

during the bus ride to school, there was no communication between the two of you, but it wasn't uncomfortable. you were resting on his shoulder while he held onto your hand. the tears had somehow managed to stop due to ushijima's constant small physical affection.

a sigh left your lips when you looked out the window. the bright golden sun was starting to set, painting the blue sky with orange, purple, and pink. you rubbed your cheek against ushijima's chest when he softly patted your head.

when the bus arrived at school, everyone got off with heavy looks. the sky was painted like a colorful canvas as you walked back into the volleyball gymnasium with the rest of the team.

the players started practicing their serves as soon as they stepped into the gymnasium. the sound of their palms hitting the ball and their shoes squeaking on the hard floor made you slightly smile. today was probably the last time you would be able to watch these players practice volleyball altogether.

the third years were graduating soon, and everyone was going to walk different pathways after high school.

"y/n," ushijima called, wiping his sweat away with a white towel. he had just finished practicing and stretching and was currently sitting down on the bench with you standing in front of him.

"yeah?"

"what are you going to do after high school?" he asked, grabbing his volleyball bag.

"me? i'm thinking about (your plans)," you replied as the two of you walked out of the gymnasium. "what about you?"

the sun had completely settled down and thousands of stars were illuminating the sky. a soft smile crept up your face as you stared at the sky decorated with stars.

it was beautiful.

a chilly breeze swept past you and you shivered from the cold. ushijima noticed your shivers and slipped his jacket onto your shoulders. you gently smiled up at him as he looked up at the illuminating sky.

"i'm planning on continuing volleyball," he replied, grabbing your hand. a large grin curved up your face. "and if you're okay with it, i want you to be there with me, supporting me and holding my hand like you are right now."

he looked into your eyes. you held a special place in his heart, and it seemed nearly impossible for him to go through a day without you next to him. he was clenching onto your hands tightly. you were always supporting him and encouraging him with kind and gentle words that made his heart flutter and melt. he wanted you to be there with him, throughout his journey.

you didn't have to attend every practice of every game, but as long as you were supporting him, even a little bit, was fine. he just wanted you to stand next to him and comfort him when he needs someone to lean on. and if possible, he wanted to spend the rest of his life with you.

he wanted to watch you get old. he wanted to watch your hair turn gray and your skin become wrinkly as time passed. he wanted to embrace you when you're sad and wanted you to celebrate with him when he accomplished something. he wanted to see you sleeping soundly next to him when he woke up, and he wanted to cuddle next to you before drifting off to sleep. he wanted to wake you up with the smell of hot coffee and waffles and spoil you with his love and affection.

"i want to spend the rest of my future with you."

you wrapped your arms around his shoulders and brought his face down to meet your eyes. with a large smile plastered on your face, you kissed his lips tenderly. it was a sweet, short kiss that made you feel all giddy. you slowly departed his lips and softly rested your chin on his chest.

"of course, toshi. i would love to spend my future with you."

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: manga recommendations?