ushijima wakatoshi | study dates

ushijima wakatoshi

enjoy :)

—————

"i have so much of you in my heart

"i have so much of you in my heart."

— john keats

—————

you groaned in frustration as you erased the pencil marks on your notebook. you had once again, gotten the incorrect answer for a math problem. this was your fifth time trying to solve the same math problem, but no matter how many times you repeatedly checked your work and watched multiple YouTube videos on how to solve similar questions, you ended up getting it wrong. your paper was full of scribbled and scratched pencil markings, and everything was just a mess.

your mind was a mess from all the brain knowledge you used to solve a single math problem, and you could barely solve a math table because you had used up all of your brain cells trying to solve the equation.

the table you were using was scattered with your worksheets from class and eraser marks. your math notebook was open, filled with your unreadable handwriting, and a heavy textbook was settled right next to it. you took a sip of your iced americano and started vigorously typing on your laptop.

how to murder math

is calculus necessary

how to solve math problems without getting frustrated

you heavily sighed and rested your forehead on the table, taking a small break from all the effort it took to do the math. unlike you, your boyfriend, ushijima wakatoshi, was actually understanding the material. he was satisfied with the amount of work he had gotten done today and continued reading the textbook and taking notes on the material.

both of you were at a library, studying for an upcoming exam that was going to heavily impact your grade. you were the one that suggested going to the library to study, but now you heavily regretted it. you wanted to go home and wrap yourself in blankets and watch your favorite show on Netflix.

"toshi," you mumbled, looking up at the male in front of you, who was busy writing down notes on his notebook. he hummed in response. "can you help me?"

wakatoshi and you were in the same math course, and he was much better at you at mathematics. he always managed to get better scores than you on tests and you couldn't understand how he was able to grasp the material and let it sink into his brain. he took his eyes off the textbook and looked at you. he realized that you were still on the same problem thirty minutes ago and took a glance at the question.

"which part are you stuck on?" he asked, leaning in towards you so he could see the question better.

"the derivatives," you muttered as you sat up on your chair and pointed at your paper. wakatoshi took a look at your work and got out his blue pen that he was writing with for his notes. he noticed how all your mistakes were small, but every time you made one small mistake, it always led you to a totally different answer.

"you messed up here," he stated. he started explaining your mistakes and how to fix them according to the rules of math. he taught you in a gentle way and kept checking up on you on whether you were understanding what he was saying. he didn't get annoyed at you every time you asked him to repeat what he said, instead he calmly restated it and gave further examples.

to be honest, you preferred wakatoshi's teaching over your teacher's. he taught the information in an easy way so you could understand and retain the matter. you were slowly starting to comprehend derivatives and you felt your confidence level go up when you answered a question correctly.

"do you understand now?" wakatoshi asked, setting his pen down on the table.

"yes, i do!" you exclaimed.

for the following hours, you solved numerous math questions and smiled every time your answer on your notebook was the same as the answer in the textbook. you grinned when you solved the last question.

"toshi, i finished," you grinned showing him your notebook that was full of graphs, equations, and numbers. he looked up from his laptop and his lips slightly curved up when you told him how you preferred his teaching style than your teacher's.

he leaned his head towards your forehead and pressed his lips against yours. you sat there staggered and flushed from his sudden action. your face was bright red when he pulled away, and he couldn't help but gently smile at your flustered face.

"i'm proud of you."

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: do you like coffee or tea?

—————

his smile is so precious 🥺