akaashi keiji | nightmares

akaashi keiji

enjoy :)

—————

"she filled every vacancy in my heart

"she filled
every vacancy
in my heart."

— perry poetry

—————

akaashi was a light sleeper; he would wake up to the smallest noise in the room. so, when he heard his bedroom door creaking open, his left eye slowly fluttered open as a small groan left his lips. he sat up from his bed only to see you standing in front of his door with your head looking down.

you were wearing black shorts and a simple white oversized t-shirt. he was taken by surprise when small sobs suddenly started coming from you.

"(y/n), what's wrong?" he asked as he shoved his sheets off him and walked up to you with concern. his hand gently grabbed your cheek and lifted your head to meet your wet eyes.

your lips were trembling as you slowly gripped onto his shirt. his heart literally ripped into pieces when he saw trails of tears slipping down your eye and falling down your cheeks.

he felt the grip on his shirt tightening as you started weeping uncontrollably. he brought his arm around your shoulders as he cradled you in his arms.

"kei-keiji, you disappeared," you sniffled. "you-you said that you didn't lo-love me and-"

he gently rubbed your back, calming you down as your tears stained his black shirt. as your sniffles slowly die down, akaashi grabs your cheeks, that were still stained with your tears, and gently caresses it.

"shh, i'm right here," he whispers gently wiping the tears away with his thumb.

"you're not going to leave me?" you ask with sniffles in between.

akaashi looks at you and gently smiles, warming your heart. he barely smiled, but when he did, it was always genuine and left your heart beating uncontrollably fast.

"i would never leave you, (y/n). you're the world to me," he whispers as he leans in to kiss the top of your forehead.

he walks over to the bed with his hand tightly gripped onto yours. he tucks you into his bed, bringing the covers over your shoulders. he slowly gets under the covers, not letting your hand go.

your head was nestled into his chest as his arms were cradled around your shoulders. both of your legs were touching under the covers, interlocking in a romantic manner.

"keiji," you call out, pressing your cheeks onto his chest and slowly wrapping your hands around his waist as he hums in response, his eyes closed. "i love you."

even though his eyes were closed, the ends of his lips lifted up as he rested his chin on top of your head. his sleeping face seemed so tranquil and serene. you traced his jaws and cheekbones with the tips of your fingertips.

"i love you more," he whispers, slowly flutter opening his eyes and kissing the top of your head.

a small giggle leaves your lips as you slowly close your eyes. the smell of akaashi fills your nostrils as you lay in his arms. the nightmare you just had disappeared in thin air as the light of the moon shines into the room.

"goodnight, keiji," you quietly mutter before quickly falling into dreamland. simply being in his arms made you feel protected and the idea of him disappearing seemed nearly out of question.

a small grin appears on akaashi's face as he hears you falling asleep in his arms.

when he saw you in tears, his heart felt like it was ripping into millions of pieces. but now that you were safely sleeping in his arms, he felt at equanimity.

"sweet dreams, (y/n)."

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: what time do you usually go to bed??

—————

someone give me an akaashi pls 🥺🥺