nekoma volleyball team | comfort (request)

requested by: @The_softest_drink
thank you for the request :)

nekoma volleyball team

enjoy :)

—————

"some people are just light, glow, hope

light, glow, hope . . .
human stars."

— butterflies rising

—————

"what the fuck?"

the moment you stepped inside the classroom, you saw your boyfriend making out with your best friend. the two of them quickly got off each other and looked at you with guilt. your boyfriend wiped some of the lipstick off his lips, while your best friend straightened your shirt.

you stood there utterly shocked, not knowing what to say in this situation. you were furious, miserable, and disappointed.

"i-it's not what it looks like, y/n," your boyfriend muttered as he smiled. you wanted to scream at them, swear at them, and flip them off. but you just stood there. you looked at your best friend, who avoided making eye contact with you.

"really?" you mumbled. "i fucking trusted you."

you quickly turned your back on them and glared at them. "we're fucking over."

the day felt miserably long. your legs and mind felt a lot heavier than it usually did, and you didn't have the motivation to talk to anyone. today was really not the day for you. you couldn't pay attention in class or have the appetite to eat your favorite food for lunch. your friends would ask you if you were okay, but you simply told them that you were fine with a smile. faking a smile instead of explaining was just easier.

you heavily sighed as you made your way towards the volleyball gymnasium. the day was almost over and after this club activity, you were going to go home right away and sleep. you didn't want to see or talk to anyone. you just wanted to be alone and fall into a deep slumber.

you pried open the doors and walked inside. usually, you would greet everyone with a bright smile, but today, you didn't feel like it. you only greeted those who talked to you first.

"y/n, are you okay?" kuroo asked, holding a volleyball. "you don't look so well."

"oh hi, kuroo," you greeted with a weak smile. "i'm fine, just tired."

the members looked at each other in confusion. you were usually the one that brightened up the room with your warm, brilliant smile. everyone adored you. even the kenma, who hated interacting with people, always made time for you even during the weekends, if you wanted to hang out. when the team was feeling down, you were the one making them feel better and motivating them with your wise, encouraging words.

"do you want to go home early today?" the coach asked you. "you seem awfully tired, y/n,"

"ah, no it's okay. i'm sure i'll be fine. thank you for your concern, coach," you replied with the ends of your lips curved up slightly.

"just tell me if you want to take a break, okay?" the coach said. you nodded. the coach was like a grandfather figure to you. he was the one that introduced you to volleyball and the one to pick you as their manager. he adored you as much as the other members. he was worried when you didn't greet everyone like you usually did.

you were like a ray of sunshine that radiated the room. without you, everything was gloom. everyone wasn't as motivated as they usually were during practice. they made more mistakes and had trouble focusing.

"y/n, what happened?" fukunaga asked when you handed him his water bottle.

you faked a smile. "nothing happened, fukunaga. i'm just a bit tired. i stayed up late last night studying for a chem test," you replied, scratching the back of your neck.

"you could've asked me more help, y/n!!" kuroo exclaimed. "i would love to help our adorable manager."

"thanks kuroo, but you're busy with your own stuff too, so i can't keep relying on you."

yaku and kuroo exchanged eye contact.

"y/n, are you sure you're okay? we're open if you have to rant," kai said, wiping his sweat with a towel.

"ahaha, i'm fine kai. i must look really tired, but i promise, i'm fine."

"you don't look fine at all, y/n," lev mumbled from behind you. "you didn't greet me with your usual hug today!!"

"do you want to go to sleep?" kenma asked. "you can use my jacket as a blanket."

"oh!! you can use mine too!!" tora replied, placing his jacket onto your palms. everyone ended up giving their jackets to you, and you ended up with a large pile of red jackets.

"uh, thanks guys," you mumbled. "but i can't rest when you guys are working hard."

"but you're always working hard, y/n. resting for one day won't hurt," inuoka said.

"y/n, are you sure you're okay?" yaku asked. "did something happen during class today?"

"yaku, i promise i'm fine."

"y/n, no you're not," yaku replied, stopping you from your tracks. "you don't have to tell us what happened, but if you need a hug, we can all give you one. you're always helping us with our problems, so it's our turn to help you."

the whole team gave you a warm smile. you felt a lump in your throat, and when yaku wrapped his arms around you, you broke down. the mask you were facading fell down and the walls you built up were torn apart. tears came cascading down from your eyes, trailing down your cheeks, and leaving a wet stain on yaku's shirt. small sobs left your lips, surprising the whole team. they gathered around you as you brought your hands up to wipe your tears away.

but no matter how much you wiped your tears, they continued spilling. yaku gently rubbed your back as you continued to cry in his arms. the team was shocked. you were always so cheerful and sparkling with positivity, so watching you break down broke their heart.

"m-my boyfriend cheated on me," you choked out after calming down. "with my best friend."

"HUH?! WHO?!" tora asked, cracking his knuckles. "DO THEY WANT TO GET BEATEN UP?!"

"i trusted both of them," you mumbled, looking down at the ground. you felt a large pair of hands ruffle the top of your hair.

"don't worry y/n. we'll make sure you don't experience that ever again," kuroo said, smiling down at you. "but before that, we have to teach them a lesson."

"should we keep them alive, or-" lev asked.

"can you guys stop with that?!" yaku asked, annoyed. "y/n is our first priority right now, not beating up people."

"they don't deserve someone who's sweet and kind like you, y/n," kai said, giving you a soft pat on your head. "you deserve someone better."

"like me," kuroo smugly said.

"not you," yaku muttered.

"y/n, if you need someone to facetime, i'm here," kenma muttered. "i don't know how i'll be able to help you though, because i'm really bad helping people."

for the first time today, the ends of your lips curved up into a genuine smile. you tugged the ends of your sleeves as a small giggle left your lips. "i really don't know what i would do without you guys."

"ahh i love you, y/n!!" lev exclaimed, making you fall over as he threw himself on top of you and wrapped his arms around your shoulders.

a chuckle left your lips. "i love you too, lev. i love you guys."

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: what's your favorite uniform from haikyuu?