terushima yuuji | did you even love me (request)

requested by: @kuroosupremacy
thank you for the request :)

terushima yuuji

enjoy :)

—————

"they told me i was a good thief,but they must be wrong

but they must be wrong. for no
matter how hard i try, i can't
seem to steal your heart."

— ariana

—————

"i like you too."

when you heard those words slip out from his lips, the grey, monotone world around you transformed into a world of bright colors. you couldn't forget those words that rang in your head every time you fell asleep or saw him walk around school.

terushima yuuji.

the only guy who could make your heart flutter and make you giddy with a single "hey." when he said he liked you back, your smile didn't leave your face for days.

he took you out on dates. he helped you study for upcoming exams. he gave you lots of cuddles and affection. the days spent with him were honestly the best.

and the thought of breaking up with him never crossed your mind.

until when his ex returned back to him.

the calls started getting short, and the texts he would send to you became dry. he would stop holding your hand as you guys walked together. the dates you would go on with him lowered.

you would still greet him in the mornings and give him a hug whenever you saw him. but he wouldn't wrap his arms around you like he used to. you noticed him talking to his ex more often during break and even during lunch. there were days when he would leave you to walk his ex home, while you walked home alone in the dark.

you tried your best to keep him, but he kept slipping away from you.

the smiles he used to give you were now more towards his ex. the laughs he shared with you were no longer there. his touches now felt foreign to you.

was he no longer interested in you?

you felt your chest tighten as you walked over to your boyfriend, who was happily chatting with his ex.

"hey, yuuji," you called. he looked at you. "can we talk?"

he was still facing his ex. he craned his neck. "yeah, we can talk," he answered.

"alone?"

he sighed as he ruffled the back of his hair. his ex walked away, leaving the two of you alone in the hallway.

"is there something you want to say?" he asked as he shoved his hands down his pants. you looked up and bit your own lips. he no longer looked interested in even talking to you.

"do you. . . not like me anymore?" you asked as you clenched your hands. he looked at you confused. "i-it's just that you no longer look interested being with me. . . so i was just wondering."

"what are you talking about?" he asked. "i'm still dating you."

even though he said those words, his face looked uninterested. he seemed eager to end this conversation. he kept shifting around and playing with his hair.

"it's not that i don't trust you, but i want your attention too."

you mentally slapped yourself. you weren't used to asking for attention. usually, you would let your pride take over. but this time, you swallowed your own pride to tell him your true feelings and wants.

"this is so stupid," he mumbled as he scratched the back of his neck.

your heart dropped. this wasn't the terushima yuuji you knew. you unclenched your fists and looked at him in disbelief. your eyebrows furrowed as he sighed.

"this is why dating is so much work," he muttered as he turned around.

"stupid?" you mumbled. he turned around to face you. "why did you even start dating me then?"

he looked down at you and slightly smirked. "because you asked me," he answered. "the time spent with you was fun for the first few weeks. but now, i don't really know."

the world came crashing down at you. your eyes looked down at the floor as you felt tears brimming in your eyes.

"did you even love me?" you asked with your voice trembling.

"well, i guess it was fun spending time with you," he answered. "but i mean-"

you frowned and slapped his cheek. terushima felt a strong sting in his cheek as his smirk fell down. he slowly raised his hand to his cheek and trailed his fingers around the large red mark on it.

"we're done," you mumbled as you walked past him.

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: how was your 2020?

—————