nishinoya yuu | anniversary

dedicated this chapter to yeonghoney
thank you for always supporting me, i love you ❤️

nishinoya yuu

enjoy :)

—————

"it's always and everonly you

only you."

— butterflies rising

—————

it was bright.

the egg yolk sunlight poured through the windows of the classroom, making the atmosphere more warmer and gentler. the warm breeze that slipped through the open windows was docile and serene. 

you could hear the mellifluous and tuneful song the birds were joyously chirping as the teacher in front of you was lecturing something about chemistry. you searched across the classroom for your boyfriend, nishinoya, who seemed to be scratching his head in frustration because he couldn't understand a single thing the teacher had stated.

a small giggle left your lips as you watch him give up on paying attention to the teacher and slouch back into his chair.

you sprung up as soon as the lunch bell rang and gleefully walked over to your boyfriend, who seemed to be eager to leave the classroom. he was about to walk out of the classroom until you appeared in his sight.

"oh, (y/n)! sorry, i won't be able to eat lunch with you today because i have to go practice for the spring tournament," he states with an apologetic smile.

"it's okay, yuu! don't worry about it. we can always eat lunch together later," you exclaimed, patting his back and pushing him out the classroom. "now go practice! your team must be waiting for you."

he pecked your lips and grinned. "okay, i'll see you later, (y/n)," he says running towards the gymnasium.

your smile weakened as soon he left your sight. a small sigh left your parted lips as you dejectedly walked back to your desk. you had woken up extra early to prepare him a lunchbox because it was your guys's anniversary. you had style your hair differently and even put on makeup, but to your dismay, it didn't seem like he had noticed.

nishinoya and you started dating in the middle of first year of high school. he was drawn to your comeliness and benignity. you were always considerate of others and caring, always making sure everyone felt welcomed. you never failed to put up a bright smile, even if you were aggrieved or hurt. he was taken by surprise when you said yes to his confession, and he couldn't sleep a wink that night because your words left him ebullient and ecstatic.