haiba lev | a man like him (request)

requested by: angststdk 
thank you for the request :)

haiba lev

enjoy :)

—————

"each time you love, love as
deeply as if it were forever."

— audre lorde

—————

"hello, mr. and ms. (l/n)," lev greeted as he shook your parents hands. his shoulders were stiff and he could barely stand without your help. he was extremely nervous meeting your parents for the first time. he had purposely brought them a bouquet of flowers and cheesecake for your little siblings.

"oh, you must be lev. y/n talks about you all the time," your dad said, patting the back of lev's shoulder. "i've always wanted to meet you."

"she tells wonderful stories about you," your mom added. your cheeks reddened when you looked up at lev, who was already looking at you with a smile.

"woah, you're really tall!" one of your little brother exclaimed, wrapping his arms around his legs. your siblings slowly walked their way towards lev, who was towering over everyone.

"how tall are you?" you little sister asked.

"are you taller than the t-rex?"

"who are you?"

your siblings kept asking him questions as they slowly climbed his body like a tree. one of your siblings was on his shoulders, while the other was hanging off his arms. your parents giggled as lev tried to make sure none of them fell down.

"y/n, can you help us make dinner?" your mom asked as he started walking towards the kitchen.

"oh, i can also help," lev said.

"what, noo!!" your younger siblings yelled in unison. "play with us!!"

"they seem to take a liking in you. you can play with them," you said as you giggled at lev's flustered face. "i think it'll be better to play with them than to help out cooking because we don't want to burn the kitchen down like last time, right?"

lev nodded as he slowly made his way towards your younger siblings. you smiled at how delighted your younger siblings looked as lev played with them. he gave them shoulder rides around the living room. he carried them while some hung off his arm. you could hear loud screams and laughters when lev scared them away with his roar.

"guys, let's eat," you yelled from the kitchen. you neatly setted the table with plates and eating utensils. your mom came out of the kitchen with her deliciously homemade stew and pasta. the kids came running towards the dining table with lev following behind them.

lev took a seat next to you. your younger siblings fought against each other on who's going to sit next to lev, only to get scolded by mom. dinner was filled with your younger siblings continuously asking lev questions.

"you played volleyball?!" you youngest brother asked.

"yup, i was probably one of the best middle blockers in my team," lev said smiling. you giggled. "why are you laughing? i was really good."

"yes, you were," you replied, suppressing your laughter.

"do you remember when i blocked one of those super straight spikes?!" lev asked. you giggled as you nodded. even though his blocks were good, you remembered how he would always get scolded by yaku and kuroo for skipping drills or for simply just being bad at receives.

your parents looked at you two with a gentle smile. "y/n, you should invite lev over more often. he seems like a good guy and the kids really love him," your mom said.

"don't worry, you'll get to meet lev plenty of times. we're going to get married and have kids," you exclaimed with a large smile. your younger siblings looked at you with disgust.

"eww," they exclaimed while your parents laughed.

lev cheerfully smiled at you with flushed cheeks and held your hands. he slightly brushed his thumb across your hands. he loved seeing your smile, and slowly becoming a part of your family made him feel so special.

"yup, we're going to get married one day, and you guys are going to have lots of grandkids!!" lev exclaimed, holding your hands tightly. you looked up at his face and gently smiled.

you were so lucky to find a man like him.

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: do you sleep with your socks on?