akaashi keiji | the fallen pianist

akaashi keiji

enjoy :)

—————

"life had broken her, but she was still therepersisting in the shards of her broken pieces

but she was still there
persisting in the shards
of her broken pieces."

— atticus

—————

the fallen pianist.

the music industry knew you as the fallen pianist. as a child prodigy in piano, you loved how your fingers danced across the black and white keys. the wondrous sound that was produced by you always left a bright smile on your face. you've won numerous piano competitions ever since you were young, and the trophies would stand on top of your shelf, glistening proudly. when you were little, the thought of quitting the piano never crossed your mind. simply because you absolutely loved playing it at that time.

but now, you absolutely loathed it.

simply hearing a note from a piano made you frown and remember all the horrible memories. all the tears, disappointment, and fiasco would come rushing at you, sometimes causing you to pass out or hyperventilate.

the untouched piano that was settled in your home was covered in dust, abandoned. your parents were obviously shocked and concerned when you suddenly told them that you wanted to stop playing. but they respected your request and moved the piano into an isolated room.

the certificates and trophies that you used to cherish were shoved into the dusty room with the large black piano. you hadn't stepped into the room ever since.

it all changed when you met a certain volleyball setter during your first day of high school. he came bursting through your closed walls with such confidence and admiration.

your homeroom teacher happened to make you two desk buddies. when you first met him, you thought he would be a regular calm and collected japanese student.

you weren't wrong.

he was extremely polite to you and solicitous. he always greeted you in the mornings and helped you with japanese literature homework. he invited you to one of his volleyball games and you were immediately admired by his setting abilities and couldn't help but feel a bit envious of his relationships with his teammates.

the two of you got closer and people soon started to identify you guys as best friends. he introduced you to bokuto, the captain of the volleyball team, and you were a bit taken back by his childlike personality. but you admired how dedicated and talented he was at the sport.