miya atsumu | snowman (request)

requested by: wreakmeomi
thank you for the request :)

miya atsumu

enjoy :)

—————

"the kind of boy who would never break a pinky swear

"the kind of boy
who would never break
a pinky swear."

— butterflies rising

—————

you were exhausted from the amount of assignments and exams that you had to study for. you were constantly staying up late working on group projects, writing for papers, and taking notes as you watched chemistry lectures. you didn't have time to take care of yourself. you often forgot to eat your meals and had gotten several fevers due to stress.

you knew university was going to be challenging, but you didn't expect it to be this hard.

you barely spent any time with your boyfriend, miya atsumu. he was busy with volleyball and you were busy with university. you guys still exchanged encouraging and supporting messages, but you guys barely saw each other and it's been several months since you two last went on a date.

atsumu was always worried about you, making sure you ate your meals, drank enough water, and slept enough hours. oftentimes, you would facetime him ready to fall asleep any moment. it concerned him to see his beloved so vulnerable and exhausted. he would end the call early to make sure you got your sleep and never forgot to give you a forehead kiss through the screen.

atsumu was the reason why you were able to survive university.

today was like any other day. it was a friday evening, but you had decided to spend it by studying for an upcoming exam. you always got stressed out if you put everything to the last minute, so you had gotten into a habit of doing everything as soon as possible. sometimes, to the point where you would barely rest until you finished everything.

you heard the doorbell ring when you were about to finish your chemistry homework. you sighed and opened the door.

"Y/N!!" atsumu yelled, embracing you in his arms. "i missed you!!"

"a-atsumu?! what are you doing here?" you asked, welcoming him into your cozy apartment.

he took his puffy jacket and scarf off and suddenly held your hands. he warmed his cold hands with your warm ones. he softly brought one of your hands up to his lips and kissed your knuckled gently as you gave him an affectionate smile.

"i wanted to give you a surprise, because you've been really stressed out because of university," he replied, bringing you into his chest and rubbing his cheeks against yours. "it's the weekend and you've been studying non-stop for the past few weeks. you have to rest."