tsukishima kei | thunderstorm (request)

requested by: @arouradarling99
thank you for the request :)

tsukishima kei

enjoy :)

—————

"the forest spoke to my soul in a language i already knew; a distant lullaby from the womb of peace and solitude

in a language i already knew;
a distant lullaby from the
womb of peace and solitude."

— angie weiland-crosby

—————

you sighed as you stayed in your car, listening to the sound of rain hitting the window. the sound of rain made you want to fall asleep with soft music playing in the background. a small smile curved up your lips as you closed your eyes for a few seconds. those few seconds turned to few minutes, which then turned to an hour.

"shit," you swore under your breath. the weather outside was not pretty. the wind was blowing harshly and the rain was falling in a more violent manner. you quickly got out of your car and ran inside your house.

"kei?" you called out as you took off your wet jacket and dried it on your hanger. "are you home?"

silence welcomed you. you looked outside your window. the sky was filled with gray clouds and rain falling down. the trees were swaying from one side to the other. and the leaves were twirling around the streets.

"he should be home by now. it's going to be dangerous if he's out driving right now," you whispered. the house was extraordinarily cold and you quickly went to the kitchen to make a cup of hot tea. you sighed when you heard lightning outside. "maybe he's at yamaguchi's house."

you walked to your bedroom to get a blanket, but stopped when you heard quiet sobs coming from your boyfriend's closet. curiously, you pried open the closet.

"kei?"

he had his knees up to his chest with his arms around his trembling self. he had his headphones on and tears streaming down his face as he looked up at you. he flinched when another lightning flashed down.

he was scared of thunderstorms ever since he was little. he had gotten lost at a park during a thunderstorm and his mother didn't come find him until the storm had gone away. he was alone and cold. he had no one to lean on as he shivered under the slide for hours.

he hadn't told anyone about his fear of thunderstorms. he didn't want anyone knowing that the tsukishima kei was afraid of thunderstorms. he didn't want people finding out his weaknesses. he didn't want to look weak in front of others. he was always the intimidating one, with his tall height.

he tried calming himself down with his music, but the sound of the lightning could still be heard through the headphones. he brought his knees closer to him as he mentally scolded himself for being so weak and pitiful.

you sorrowfully looked at your boyfriend trembling in fear as you wrapped your arms around him. you could feel him shivering as you tightened your grip. you carefully patted his back in a circular motion as his shivering started to calm down.

"kei, should i go get a blanket?" you asked as you slowly unwrapped your arms.

his trembling fingers grabbed your sleeves. he was still facing the ground so you didn't know what kind of face he was pulling off. you softly smiled as you kneeled next to him and cradled his head. after a few minutes, his arms slowly wrapped around you, tightly tugging onto your sweater. his sobs got louder when a lightning came down.

"it's going to be okay," you whispered as you softly ruffled his hair. "it's going to be okay."

you smiled when his trembling completely stopped. he could hear the sound of your heartbeat. by listening to it, tsukishima found his eyes slowly falling as he laid his head on your chest. you continued softly patting his hair until he fell into a deep slumber in your arms.

"sweet dreams, kei," you whispered as you kissed the top of his head.

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: what are some angst ideas??