oikawa tooru | i hope you're happy (request)

Start from the beginning

a troubled expression appeared on oikawa's face. "ah, the thing is. . . i'll be busy this christmas again. i'm sorry, sweetie."

just like last year, oikawa was busy with his work as an athlete and left you home by yourself. you looked down and smiled.

"it's okay. don't feel bad, honey. it's not your fault."

you smiled at him and he settled his fork down. he leaned in to give you a kiss on your forehead. "i'm sorry for always leaving you by yourself."

"it's okay, i understand," you said, smiling. "i'm sure there will be lots of time later in our life."

last night, you took a pregnancy test because your period had been late for a while. a large smile curved up your lips when two positive lines showed up on the stick. you couldn't wait to tell your fiance. you thought of oikawa's large smile and chuckled.

it was completely christmas season. there were holiday lights all around town and people dressed up as santa clause. it was christmas eve. you held a seasonal drink from starbucks and walked home from work. you entered your front door with a smile, expecting your fiance to greet you with a hug. but when silence welcomed you, you were a bit confused.

'maybe, he's just sleeping,' you thought as you settled your starbucks drink onto the kitchen counter. you headed towards the bedroom where oikawa and you shared. you purposely walked quietly so you wouldn't wake him up.

when you slowly opened the door, you witnessed oikawa making out with a woman.

what?

you dropped your jacket you held onto your arm, catching the two people in the bedroom who were making out. you stood in front of them as you looked at oikawa in disbelief. the girl hid behind oikawa grabbing onto his sleeves and oikawa looked at you surprised. his eyes were wide and his lips trembled a bit.

"swee-"

"what is this?" you asked glancing at the girl who hid behind him.

"it's really not wh-"

"what is this, oikawa?" you repeated. he flinched at how you called him. you never called him by his name; you always had nicknames like honey or babe for him. even when you were mad, you would always call him by his first name, not his surname. you took a step back when oikawa tried to get closer to you. you looked down at the floor and bit down on your lips.

the girl walked up from oikawa's back and stood in front of him. "there's no need to get all mad, right? it's not like you-"

you glared at her, causing her to flinch.

"sorry (random girl's name), can you leave?" oikawa muttered as he looked at her. she quickly walked past you and ran out of the house.

there was complete silence between the two of you. you bit your lips as you felt tears trailing down your eyes. you slowly looked up and saw oikawa avoiding your eye contact.

"why?" you asked, trembling. you tightly grasped onto your arm to stop yourself from shaking. "was i not enough?" your voice was barely audible, but oikawa clearly heard you. he felt something inside him break when he heard your trembling voice.

"no-"

"then why?!" you screamed. oikawa looked up to see your tears streaming down your face. you were never the type to raise your voice. the only time he heard you yell was when you cheered for him during his volleyball games.

"then why?" you asked, this time a bit softer as you wiped your tears with your sleeves. oikawa looked down full of shame and bit his own lips. when he didn't answer, you painfully sighed and walked out of the room.

"sweetie, wait!" oikawa called out. you halted in your steps and looked back at him with a glare, catching him off guard.

"please don't call me that anymore, oikawa," you muttered as you clutched onto your stomach.

"y/n," oikawa said. "where. . . are you going?"

"i'm leaving," you said as you grabbed your car keys and your jacket. oikawa followed behind you. you stopped in front of the door entrance and clutched onto your stomach. the memories with oikawa filled your mind as you held onto the door handle. you slowly opened the door and before you walked out, you looked back at oikawa.

"i have a child," you muttered. oikawa looked up and made eye contact with you. your eyes were still streaming with tears. you slammed the door behind you and left him.

5 years later

oikawa looked up and saw snow cascading down. it's already been five years since you left and he regretted making you leave. the years he spent with you felt like a dream, and he still couldn't forget all the memories he had with you. but because of you, he was able to risk and give everything to his current girlfriend. he appreciated you because, without you, he would've continued playing around. he leaned on a railing as he drank his coffee.

"oikawa?"

he craned his head towards the voice. his mouth instantly opened when he saw you standing in front of him.

"y/n. . ." he slowly stood up from the railing and slightly smiled.

to you, oikawa looked the same when you left him. he still had his charming smile and his muscular build. a soft smile curved up your face as you snuggled into your scarf.

"it's. . . been a while," you said as you tightened your scarf around your neck.

"yeah, it has," he replied.

"how are you?" you asked.

a wider smile left his lips. "i found someone. . . someone who i want to spend my life with," he replied. you grinned back at him. "what about you? how are you?"

"mama!!" you turned around and saw your adorable daughter running towards you. "i took a picture with santa clause and papa!"

oikawa looked behind you to see a child, who resembled him, running. he felt something grow in his heart and softly smiled.

"mama? who is this?" she asked, pointing at oikawa.

oikawa knelt down to meet your daughter's height. "i'm your mom's friend." he gave her a small head pat and kindly smiled. your daughter smiled and shook his hand. 

"you are? i'm (daughter's name). nice to meet you!"

"nice to meet you," he replied. your daughter went back to your side. he stood up from his squatting position and looked at you one last time.

"thank you, y/n," he said. you looked at him confused as you picked up your child into your arms. "for being a part of my life."

you held onto your daughter's hand and looked at oikawa. "i hope you're happy, oikawa," you said as you walked away. a man gave you a hug and kissed your daughter's cheek when you walked back. he felt a lot better seeing you with a man who supported and loved you.

"tooru?"

he turned around and saw his girlfriend holding her coffee drink in her hands. he walked over to her and gave her a kiss on her lips.

"who was that just now?" she asked as she interlocked her fingers with his. "a friend?"

he gave her a kiss on the top of her head. "yeah, a friend i haven't seen in a while."

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: what's your favorite cookie?

—————

i was watching hunter x hunter while i was writing this, and hisoka's voice actor is the same as oikawa's. so i kept writing oikawa's name as hisoka lmao