~Illusion Pt.2~

*Clock Ticking*

It was now the dreaded time of 3am and you had not been able to sleep a wink. The couple times you would doze off, you swear you saw some sort of dark figure breeze by, scaring you back awake.

With red, blood shot eyes and dark bags under them, you rocked back and forth from the safety of your bed with ten fuzzy blankets towering over you. This was your version of "protection" against whatever that man was.

You still couldn't rid the scene from your mind of when the cup of noodles you threw at him passed right through his body. It was like something from the movies but in real life.

There was no mistaking what you saw. Sure you hadn't had a proper meal in a few weeks and stayed up multiple nights painting—but you knew in your gut that what you saw was real.

I want to just drift to sleep so badly but I have to stay awake in case he comes back.

You slapped your cheeks a few times to keep yourself conscious. Scanning each corner of your room, you did that on repeat for hours and hours until the tiny rays of sun began peeling out from behind the curtains.

Huh...it's morning already...?

Maybe now...I can...fa.ll..aslee...p..

Your head started tilting from one side to the other until you ended up falling over to your right side and knocking the hell out.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

Your eyes popped open due to the insanely loud knocking from your front door. Your heart raced in fear wondering if it was the man you'd been dreading all night.

Wait...but why would he be knocking if he just entered by himself last night?

You got out from the bed, dragging at least three of the ten blankets along with you out to the living room. You stopped in front of the door and peeked through the peephole and were surprised to see the crazy customer from yesterday waiting outside.

You unlocked the door, opening it wide enough so that you could fit your head out the door. She had the same unfazed expression on her face but you didn't expect differently.

"Okay so I—Oh my Jesus! What in the world happened to your face!?" She gasps as you narrow your eyes at her. "You look like me when I have to babysit my fifteen nephews."

"Fifteen??" You shockingly say as she sadly nods.

"Yea, my sister really knows how to keep popping one out after another." She notes, fixing her shampoo commercial-like hair.

I wish my hair looked that healthy. Yet I don't have the money nor the energy to achieve that kind of silky, lusciousness.

"So, why exactly are you here? Judging from what happened yesterday, I didn't expect you to come back." You explain.

"Well you see, since I'm such a generous and loveable person..." She starts.

Those are two words I would never associate with someone like you.

"...I decided that I'd give you another chance to paint me. BUT you better make me look like a freaking goddess or else there won't be any payment for you. And just from one look at you, I can assume you desperately need my money." She smiles innocently as your eye twitches from restraining yourself and lashing out at her.

This witch really is testing my patience today too huh? Just breath Y/n, you need the money.

You put on the best, most pretend smile on your face while stepping aside to let her inside. "Please, do come in and make yourself comfortable." You say through gritted teeth.