~Mom?~

After eating breakfast I peered through the windows to see how the weather was.

Luckily there wasn't a single cloud in the sky, only the bright, blinding sun.

I grabbed my purse and slipped on my Vans before heading out. Might as well go take a walk for once.

Would I rather be stuck home being a couch potato? Yes, yes I would, but a human being needs some fresh air once in a while.

The park that I was heading to wasn't that far away from where I lived.

The only bad part about the park is this old homeless guy that shows up at the park at times.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against homeless people, it's just that this guy is just plain...weird.

One time, I caught him digging in the trash and when he noticed I was there he yelled,

"Hey! Y-You like banana!! Eat!!" He yelled

All I did was run away from him as fast as possible. I don't want no banana, the fuck?

As I was walking on the sidewalk, I looked up at the cherry blossoms swaying side to side.

A couple of petals each fell off the branch and danced along with the wind.

One petal was slowly floating down towards me. I cupped my hands together and let it land in between my palms.

The petal was heart shaped which was unusual for a petal. I decided to keep it so I grabbed my wallet from my purse and stuck it in there.

Maybe this'll bring me good luck, who knows?

But as I put my wallet away I felt something crash right into my legs.

"Wahhhh!!!" I heard a voice cry.

I peered down at my feet and saw a little boy balling his eyes out.

"O-Oh are you ok?" I kneeled down to his level and wiped the tears running down his cheeks.

The little boy took one look at me and immediately stopped crying surprising me.

I wiped off the last tear from his cheek. He seemed like he was in a daze or something.

He lifted his arm and placed his palm on my cheek repeating what I had been doing.

"M-Mommy?" The little boy spoke.

Mommy? I am not your mommy little boy.

"Oh n-no I'm not your mommy" I said a bit baffled.

"Mommy!" He then stood up and gave me a hug.

Awww he's so cute!! But I can't let this little boy think I'm his mom!

"Joshua!!" A voice yelled from afar.

I looked towards the direction of the voice and saw a tall man running this way.

He was dressed in dark colored slacks and a white button up. His hair was either a dark brown or black, similar to the little boy.