~Window Pt.5~

"I love you too"

Those were the last words you heard from him. It's been three hours since then. You and Jungkook's parents have been anxiously pacing around in the waiting room wondering when the surgery will be over.

Your body felt numb while your mind was a mess. So many emotions were being felt at this moment. Especially after he told you that he loved you.

So he did hear me after all...Jungkook please be okay...

As you nervously bounced your leg, you noticed Jungkook's mother make her way to you, taking the seat to your left. She gently grabbed your hands and held them tightly.

"I'm sorry." She says, taking you back.

"Why are you apologizing?"

"For not telling you the truth about Jungkook's condition. He asked me not to tell you because he didn't want you to worry about him." She explains as you start to feel your chest tighten.

"I can understand why he did it, I just don't get why he waited this long. Why did he endure it so much that it had to hurt him this badly?" You start to feel the tears coming back.

Helen removes one of her hands and places it onto your shoulder, "Because he wanted to spend as much time as he could with you."

Your heart melts hearing this. Is that true? He went through all that pain for me?

"Ever since you came into his life, he's come back to his old self. You know, the one who's smile brightens everyone's day. As his mother, I want to thank you for helping my son. I can't tell you how happy it makes me seeing you two together." She looks at you with a warm smile.

"I...I don't know what to say." You admit, a bit baffled.

"Oh sweetie, it's okay. I can tell just by looking at ya." She laughs.

"What do you mean?" You ask puzzled.

She grins, "I know you have feelings for my son."

You don't know how to reply, "Helen, I—"

"Y/n, there's no need for explanation. I can tell when two people are deeply in love with one another," She says as your cheeks grow to a rosy tint. "But can I ask one favor of you?"

"Yes, absolutely." You answer, nodding your head.

"Please look after my son well. I know he's a strong man but having you around will keep my mind at peace. So will you do that for me?" She asks, giving your hand a light squeeze.

You smile wholeheartedly, "Of course I will."

"Thank you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to stop my husband before he finishes all the snacks in the vending machine." She says marching over to him and giving him a little wack to the back of his head.

Your eyes float back to the doors where behind them, Jungkook lies in surgery. You propped your elbows onto your legs, entwining your fingers as you shut your eyes. All you could do was wait and pray that Jungkook would come out okay.

~One hour later~

Even though you were feeling a bit fatigued, you couldn't let it get to you. You told yourself that right when those doors opened, you would run up to Jungkook and embrace him like there was no tomorrow.

You glanced over at his parents and saw that Helen, instead of stopping Jeffrey, ended up joining him in munching on all the snacks they could get from the vending machine.

Suddenly, the sound of doors opening caught everyone's attention. You immediately stood up and saw the doctor from earlier walk into the room. You and Jungkook's parents went over to see what happened with the surgery.