~Love Project Pt.5~

Before you guys start reading, I just wanna say thank you soo much for the support you guys have showed on this one shot but I also just want to say thank you in general for being the most amazing readers ever☺️. I love you guys and happy reading~
__________________________

It's funny how no matter how much someone hurts you, you can't help but  love them unconditionally. Even when you feel like your whole world is falling apart, you still seek that persons love and affection.

~Next Morning~

I cried myself to sleep last night. My pillow is now stained from all my tears. I feel like my whole body has gone numb. Is this what a heartbreak feels like? I don't know if I'd exactly call it that if we were never even together to begin with. But it hurts like hell. It's one of the most horrible, gut-wrenching things someone can ever go through.

He hates me and I still don't even know what I did to make him despise me so much. He'll never want to talk to me after this. We'll both continue our lives like normal just...without each other. And just when I thought that I had cried out all my tears from last night, a bead of water slides down the side of my cheek.

I wish this pain would just stop. This constant feeling of being stabbed in the chest, I can't take it anymore. If I have to move on from Jungkook just for this pain to stop...then so be it. I'll forget about him and move on with my life just as I should be doing. I know that deep down inside me, I'll always have feelings for him but for now, it's better to just give up on him.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Y/n sweetie? Can I come in?" I hear my mom from outside my door. I haven't spoken with her since dinner last night.

"Yea." My voice comes out dry and hoarse from sobbing all night as I wipe my tears away.

She opens the door and walks over to me with a solemn look on her face. She takes a seat on the bed right beside me and without saying a word, pulls me into a hug. I really do take hugs for granted. The feeling of security and comfort is what I've been needing.

"How are you feeling?" She asks without pulling away.

"Horrible. If you asked me on a scale of one to ten how bad I feel, I'd say about one million."

"I know it hurts Y/n, I've had tons of boyfriends and experienced being heartbroken many times." She sighs.

"Okay mom, I get it, you've had a lot of relationships, don't need to rub it in my face." I blatantly say.

"That's not what I mean Y/n, I mean that I know how hard and painful it is going through a situation like this. It's tough, and you may feel like the world's ending, but you have to understand that this is also a learning experience. That whatever is hurting you now is only what will make you stronger." She takes my hands into hers, giving them a light squeeze.

"I know how much you loved him Y/n."

"Yea, and look how that ended. He hates me mom, he said it himself, I disgust him." I sob.

"Y/n, I can promise you that Jungkook does not hate you. I've watched you two grow up right before my eyes and the bond between you two is far too strong for him to hate you. Yea, he may be angry and frustrated but it's nothing compared to how much he cares about you."

I stay silent, letting her words sink in. I find it hard to believe that Jungkook cares about me. If you saw the look on his face last night before he shut the door on me, then you'd understand. I don't think I have ever seen him so filled with hatred.

"Thanks mom, I really mean it. Thank you." I say and pull her into another hug.

"You know I'm always gonna be here for you no matter what. But for now, you need to get ready for school." She points out.